Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 226

Thread: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

  1. #61
    Member Playadlc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sellersburg, Indiana
    Posts
    2,298

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Anyone watching the Chiefs game?

    Herm Edwards has to be drunk.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,434

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Chad Johnson hasn't been the same past few weeks, and everyone said he needs to stop caring about what people say about him. He apparently stopped caring this week, and coincidentally or not, he caught three touchdowns, set a franchise record, and set a personal record. If he produces like he did this week, I can tolerate a 15-yard penalty at a non-crucial time every once in a while.

    Also, feel free to say he's not a team player for getting the penalty called against him, but the morale he brought to the team afterward probably did more than enough to offset it.

  4. #63
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    What's lost in the Chad talk is the way the defense stepped up and kept Tennessee out of the endzone. This was total team domination. If Graham had made his bunny FG it would have been as close to perfect as this team could ever play.

    But people, including a 1530 radio host I won't name, will talk about Chad being selfish.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,616

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Anyone watching the Chiefs game?

    Herm Edwards has to be drunk.
    You play to win the game.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  6. #65
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,258

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    What's lost in the Chad talk is the way the defense stepped up and kept Tennessee out of the endzone. This was total team domination. If Graham had made his bunny FG it would have been as close to perfect as this team could ever play.

    But people, including a 1530 radio host I won't name, will talk about Chad being selfish.
    Other than the 15 yard penalty, the only thing I don't like about Chad celebrating is that it gives fodder for those who wish to obfuscate the real problem troubling the Bengals. The Defense may have done a great job today, but there's no way they maintain that performance week-to-week. The lack of consistent play on defense has killed this team. When Marvin Lewis talks about selfish players, everyone looks at Chad, but I guarantee you Marvin includes a number of players of defense in that "selfish" category. Blaming Chad Johnson for this team's woes is like blaming Adam Dunn for the Red's pitching problems.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  7. #66
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Blaming Chad Johnson for this team's woes is like blaming Adam Dunn for the Red's pitching problems.
    Yeah, it's like saying your car is in the shop because your windshield wipers are leaving streaks, while making no mention of the blown transmission.

  8. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Being from Hollywood and going to Notre Dame, it makes sense why he hates USC.
    Sorry, I still don't get why he hates the University of South Carolina. :

    Rem

  9. #68
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,433

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yeah, it's like saying your car is in the shop because your windshield wipers are leaving streaks, while making no mention of the blown transmission.
    You mean the two ARENT related to one another?

  10. #69
    15 game winner Danny Serafini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sultanes de Monterrey
    Posts
    4,183

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    For what it's worth:

    "He deserved it," defensive captain John Thornton said, approving of Johnson's celebration. "He's been working hard. I told him to keep it up. I told him if he needs a penalty to get himself going, go ahead."

  11. #70
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    For what it's worth:

    "He deserved it," defensive captain John Thornton said, approving of Johnson's celebration. "He's been working hard. I told him to keep it up. I told him if he needs a penalty to get himself going, go ahead."
    Exhibit zz of why the Bengals have no team leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #71
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Chad is a team leader, regardless of what anyone thinks. The team responds to his play on the field, both good and bad.

    I'm really starting to detest my fellow Bengals fans. Wake up and see things for what they are, not what we want them to be.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  13. #72
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Chad is a team leader, regardless of what anyone thinks. The team responds to his play on the field, both good and bad.

    I'm really starting to detest my fellow Bengals fans. Wake up and see things for what they are, not what we want them to be.
    The fact that Chad Johnson is considered a leader of this team is a big part of the problem.

    Talent is lacking in other areas, but me-first football teams don't win Super Bowls. And that attitude starts at the top, with your "leaders."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  14. #73
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    I've always been under the impression Carson and Willie Anderson are the team leaders, and damn good ones at that.

  15. #74
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The fact that Chad Johnson is considered a leader of this team is a big part of the problem.

    Talent is lacking in other areas, but me-first football teams don't win Super Bowls. And that attitude starts at the top, with your "leaders."
    That begs the questions: Are "me first" and "team leader" mutually exclusive?

    I don't think so. Chad's a leader because he produces more than nearly every other player at his position. He's a leader because of how much opponents have to scheme to stop him. They don't do that for TJ and Henry, at least at nowhere near the same level. They do it for Chad. Why is that? Just because there's no "C" on his chest and he's not a rah rah cheerleader does not mean he's not a leader that guys on the team look up to.

    It also begs another question: Is being "me first" a bad thing? To me, the answer is a resounding no. "Me first" does not mean "me only". Chad wants the ball thrown to him in big situations, heck, he needs it. Does he pout when it doesn't? Only when the play fails. If TJ scores a big TD who is usually the first guy there to give him props? Chad. Same goes with Henry and anyone else that scores. When the play doesn't work he's upset because he knows he would have made it. That's a good thing!

    "Me first" guys are good. "Me only" guys are bad. I've seen no evidence of Chad being the latter. Does he sometimes get lost in a failure? Yeah, the Arizona fumble comes to mind, but he's hardly the only person to have that fault.

    I'll never forget when 1530 radio guy got on Chad when he got tackled inside the 5 and was pouty. OF COURSE HE WAS! He wanted to put the ball in the endzone. You know, the thing that scores 6 points for the team. But no, the reaction is way more important than the intention.
    Last edited by guttle11; 11-26-2007 at 12:46 AM.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  16. #75
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I've always been under the impression Carson and Willie Anderson are the team leaders, and damn good ones at that.
    I would bet Carson is disgusted at Chad's behavior more often than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25