Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: RedsFest 2007

Merged: RedsFest 2007

Hey, i've heard a lot about redsfest, but i've never been there and had some questions about it, i hope you all can help with.

1- i was wondering if you have to pay for autographs after you pay to get in or do those come with the price of admission?

2- do they provide 8x10's and stuff or can you bring your own?

3- do you pretty much get everyones autograph that you want? or does it get limited off quite a bit?

4- any other stuff i should know about?

thanks a lot
    michael

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Some Questions about RedsFest...

This thread from last year may answer some questions...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50869

...and this one includes pictures that may give you a better feel for what it's like...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52947

A lot of the autographs are kids only. I took mostly my own stuff, but the Fujutec players on the rise had a paper that you could get autographed.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Hey, i've heard a lot about redsfest, but i've never been there and had some questions about it, i hope you all can help with.

1- i was wondering if you have to pay for autographs after you pay to get in or do those come with the price of admission?

2- do they provide 8x10's and stuff or can you bring your own?

3- do you pretty much get everyones autograph that you want? or does it get limited off quite a bit?

4- any other stuff i should know about?

thanks a lot
    michael
    1. No extra cost for autographs.

2. No, they don't provide items to be autographed. You can bring your own, or there are always several vendors there selling everything from pictures, cards, jerseys, baseballs, etc.

3. Autographs are tricky. When you walk in the door (I believe this is how they did it last year), they hand you a schedule of events for the weekend that lists who will be signing and where, as well as everything else going on. If you want a shot at getting a bigger player, you need to come with a strategy. While I don't usually go for the autographs, (I like getting my picture taken with the players) I would recommend looking at the schedule and planning ahead. Sometimes two players you want might be scheduled at the same time, but if you're there both days, you can get one on one day and the other the next. That is, as long as the players will be there both days. Sometimes players can only make one of the two days and that info is usually listed in the guide.

4. Check out some of the events that happen on the main stage. They have Q & A sessions with players, coaches, and administration, as well as well as many other events. The kids press conference with the players is always very entertaining! Also, if you have kids, there's lots of stuff for them to do too! It's a lot of fun and a great opportuninty to interact with the players.

This link is from Reds.com and has lots of info about Redsfest too.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/f...m/redsfest.jsp

Hope that helps!

Prepare to stand and wait on the players that are signing. I didn't even attempt it last year.

2. No, they don't provide items to be autographed. You can bring your own, or there are always several vendors there selling everything from pictures, cards, jerseys, baseballs, etc.
    There is an autograph card provided with the free program.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    Prepare to stand and wait on the players that are signing. I didn't even attempt it last year.
    I stood in the Brandon Claussen line for a while. Then when I realized that the line for Phillips autograph, which stopped allowing people to go in, was right nest to the Claussen line. I cut under the divider thing, and got a Phillips autograph. That made my day.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

haha, what are your odds of getting a guy like phillips there?

He was there last year.

They only let like 300-500 people in the lines. I would recommend that you take a child of grandchild. Then you get to go in the lines with them. They have tons of kids only autographs.
    -LTlabner

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Let me just add that RedsFest is a great event and well worth the cost and trip. I enjoyed it immensely and will definitely be back this year.

scheduled appearances soo far...

Bronson Arroyo, Brandon Phillips, David Ross, Tom Shearn, Marcus McBeth,
    Norris Hopper, Josh Hamilton, Ryan Hanigan, Jared Burton,
    Brad Salmon, Todd Coffey, Bobby Livingston, Marty Brennaman, Thom Brennaman, Chris Welsh and Joe Nuxhall.

Where did you get that List?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    Where did you get that List?
    Redsfest website.. under info for 2007 redsfest...

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

He was very nice too. I actually got him to sign a picture for me and my sons tiny baseball jersey. I didn't even have to wain in line for it, he kinda started his own autograph session on the side after he was done doing the pictures. He actually stayed there until he had signed something for everybody. I have to say that I have seen some stuff on here about it being a good idea to try to trade BP, being that his value is so high and he is going to get exspensive, but IMO he is exactly the kind of guy I would like to see this team build around.

Turn Off Ads?