Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sports Stadiums

Sports Stadiums

Being a huge sports fan, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to design the perfect stadium. That's what I have recently decided to do. I want to design what would be the perfect stadium, to serve as a multi purpose stadium. I want to have a huge seating compacity, and a really cool looking exterior. I am personally a big fan of the exteriors with a lot of windows, and the smooth steel, like you see on the Arizona Cardinals new stadium.

I wanted to start a discussion about what would make the perfect stadium. I also want to get some suggestions about what I could put in mine. Thanks.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sports Stadiums

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I cannot wait to see the new Texas Stadium.

That place looks beyond crazy.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Multi-purpose precludes perfect for any one sport.

I'm probably a minority of one, but I'm not big on luxury boxes, high priority seating, fancy enclosed spaces, or a stadium that looks like it just landed from Jupiter.

If you're a fan you're going to the ballgame, sit out in the elements like everyone else and go get your own hot dog.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Multi-purpose precludes perfect for any one sport.

I'm probably a minority of one, but I'm not big on luxury boxes, high priority seating, fancy enclosed spaces, or a stadium that looks like it just landed from Jupiter.

If you're a fan you're going to the ballgame, sit out in the elements like everyone else and go get your own hot dog.

Several years ago I went to a Reds game at Cinergy with my girlfriend. Her office got a bunch of tickets in one of the old press boxes down the 1st base line. Not that I didn't like going to the game but you couldn't hear any crowd noise in there. I didn't care for that too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Several years ago I went to a Reds game at Cinergy with my girlfriend. Her office got a bunch of tickets in one of the old press boxes down the 1st base line. Not that I didn't like going to the game but you couldn't hear any crowd noise in there. I didn't care for that too much.
    I disliked the yellow seats at Riverfront for similar reasons. Too secluded for my tastes. I like being out there with the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Being a huge sports fan, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to design the perfect stadium. That's what I have recently decided to do. I want to design what would be the perfect stadium, to serve as a multi purpose stadium. I want to have a huge seating compacity, and a really cool looking exterior. I am personally a big fan of the exteriors with a lot of windows, and the smooth steel, like you see on the Arizona Cardinals new stadium.

I wanted to start a discussion about what would make the perfect stadium. I also want to get some suggestions about what I could put in mine. Thanks.
    Huge catacombs underneath to keep all of the lions and giraffes and tigers and stuff.

You can even have a keeno pulley system to lift them onto the field.

Oh wait......There I go again. Gettin' all B.C. on you.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I had a luxury suite at a Cinergy Field Reds game once. It was terrible, except the unlimited Mountain Dew, and food. They had awesome chicken wings and ribs.

If people have time, look up the proposed stadium they were talking about building for the Jets. That place was enormous.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Stripper poles.

With strippers. Not the skanky kind, either. They have to be classy strippers.

I'd also put in an oversized Pez dispenser that would come up from under the field when a ball goes out of play & needs to be replaced. The pitcher would walk to the back of the mound, push back the Mr. Red-looking head to get a baseball, and then the whole thing would descend back below the ground while the pitcher walked back to the rubber.
    Last edited by 15fan; 10-23-2007 at 04:03 PM.

The perfect stadium is one that is any stadium built without public funding. Oh yea, and serves Cincinnati Chili.

For seating:

1) every seat has a good view, i've noticed some seats are just horrible
    2) an option for really cheap seats (like we have)

Another cool idea would be to have a little portable radio built into your seat so that you could listen to the game as its being played.

Put in some restaurants at the park that are cheap. I don't think its necessary to pay $40 for a hot dog and a drink.

And the closer to the action the better. No foul territory on the sidelines (thats not exactly possible with the ball boys but just enough room for them.) Bring the dugouts in (put an enclosed fence so no one gets hurt by a ball), so that you can bring the seats closer to the field. Hey, you could even put seats on top of the dugout (small space inbetween so they couldn't stomp on the roof or anything and bother the players) with some sort of clear barrier in front to protect them.

With that though I guess you would have to raise the other seats so that they could see.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The perfect stadium is one that is any stadium built without public funding. Oh yea, and serves Cincinnati Chili.
    AT&T park was built without public funding. That is a terrific stadium by the way. Cincinnati chili is always a must. A little off topic, but at Spring training last year, some guy asked if he could get ketchup on his chili dog. That's just grose.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?