Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Ohio State?

No Ohio State?

I'm furious! According to my TV listings, either the Miami-FSU or Michigan-OSU game to be aired in Cincinnati.

Guess which one we are getting?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: No Ohio State?

I'm in Toledo for the weekend, and I get to see Ohio State!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I'm in Toledo for the weekend, and I get to see Ohio State!
    That is just not fair.

For the life of me, I can't come up with a reason why it isn't being aired here.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

OK, I'm happy now. It's being aired on ABC rather than ESPN2.

Whew!

Looking at the TV set now, mine's ABC too....

I guess there never was an issue

I guess not, except I only saw it on ESPN2 the first time around. My bad.

Ohio State up 10...at home.

Ballgame!!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

My local newspaper said the Buckeyes wouldn't be on TV here today. Since the paper has been wrong before, I checked both of the ESPNs and found them on ESPN 2. Don't believe everything you read.
    /r/reds

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Ohio State up 10...at home.

Ballgame!!
    Matt, you almost spoke too soon! They were up 24-0 in the 3rd when I had to leave for my son's HS soccer tourney game. I had no problem leaving at that point. At the soccer game they announced over the PA that OSU won 24-17. I couldn't believe the close score. Then I heard what happened. Wow... but a win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    At the soccer game they announced over the PA that OSU won 24-17. I couldn't believe the close score. Then I heard what happened. Wow... but a win is a win.
    A win is a win, but Achilles showed his heel in that game. I'm sure the MSU's 56-second 2-touchdown outburst will be the most-viewed piece of video that the Buckeyes next 3 opponents have ever seen.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    A win is a win, but Achilles showed his heel in that game. I'm sure the MSU's 56-second 2-touchdown outburst will be the most-viewed piece of video that the Buckeyes next 3 opponents have ever seen.
    An achilles heel showed??? It was more like two busted playes that went the other way for td's.

Don't get too excited that score could have been quite a bit worse. Tressel isn't into blowing teams out rather when the game is in control he works on certain things in order to make his teams better.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    An achilles heel showed??? It was more like two busted playes that went the other way for td's.
    The plays were busted for a reason. I saw it as an inability to handle certain kinds of blitz packages. Other analysts I've read since making that post have suggested that MSU used a similar defense to what Florida used in January.
    /r/reds

The plays were busted for a reason. I saw it as an inability to handle certain kinds of blitz packages. Other analysts I've read since making that post have suggested that MSU used a similar defense to what Florida used in January.
    Meh, I'd rather have not seen the turnovers, but I can't see reading too much into two busted plays. If it was such a rousing success, why did it only "work" on those two plays? And why have no other teams used it to any success?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Then why couldn't they shut them down the other 59 minutes of the game? Was that the only two times they used those packages? Probably not, right? Then why didn't those packages work the rest of the game?

The answer? It was two plays that had the worst possible outcome for the offense out of 50-60 or more, also known as a fluke. Sure, had Wells not recovered the second fumble they could have lost the game, but that doesn't change the fact it was a fluke. Back to back defensive scores do not offset 59 minutes of total and complete domination. Not even had the final score been different.

EDIT: or what reg said above me.

The blitz package that basically worked on two plays--compared to what Florida did? Gotta be Mark May. FYI, the interception was a hot read pass that he threw behind the receiver. And I'm not even an analyst

Turn Off Ads?