Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Re: Managerial search update(s) Could it be Dusty?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I've fairly well recovered from my addiction to wrestling, but I still do remember that it was Sapphire.
    Thweet Thapphire, beby!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

You guys beat me to it.

I do the best Dusty Rhodes imitation this side of Dusty Rhodes. I've got the pipes for it.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    You guys beat me to it.

I do the best Dusty Rhodes imitation this side of Dusty Rhodes. I've got the pipes for it.
    Flip, flop, fly, bebby!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Don't worry, Kirk Saarloos has a higher ground ball percentage than Carlos Silva. Saarloos also has a higher strikeout rate too.

If the Reds pony up the cash to Silva, it'll be Eric Milton, version 2.0.
    One dramatic difference though is that Saarloos walks almost twice as many guys as Silva does...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'd buy season tickets, even while living here in Atlanta, if the Reds hired Dusty Rhodes.

There are a few other Dustys I would rather have managing this team.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Silva was 11th in MLB in groundball outs. He's worth a look.
    He's not worth a look based on the size of the contract he'll get in FA.

You thought we burned a huge pile o cash on Eric Milton? The pile we burn on Carlos Silva will have a similar smell.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

It's not enough that this team kicks me in the boys 162 days a year, they have to go and intrude upon my pain-free offseason as well...

I guess I'd have to laugh if Dusty Baker got hired. Really, it would be the perfect storm of awful, and you have to respect when the absolute worst possible outcome actually occurs.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'd buy season tickets, even while living here in Atlanta, if the Reds hired Dusty Rhodes.
    That would be great, right up until the World Series parade and celebration when Dusty turns heel and awards the title to the American League team, drawing a level of heat that Hogan himself couldn't embellish.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I guess I'd have to laugh if Dusty Baker got hired. Really, it would be the perfect storm of awful, and you have to respect when the absolute worst possible outcome actually occurs.
    Naming Dusty Baker as Manager would only be par for the course.

I assure you I would not laugh but I could see why others would.. and should.

Homer's pain in his groin would go to his arm very quickly.

Dusty Baker is the bad man acometh.

One point glossed over is that Dusty is a "California Man" and has a school age son wh live ins California, this being his second family and he having spent the majority of his past 30 years in the west has to bode well for those wavering at the thought of Dusty in the Reds dugout.

This tidbit was in the SF Chronicle today, Jenkins is a blow hard, but he does know the Bay Area icons and their personalties

The Reds have quietly made a big push to make Dusty Baker their next manager. It's not exactly his dream job - a highly flawed team, far away from his California home - but it's something he has to consider

Also he notes...

Another factor in Bonds hitting the market: Commissioner Bud Selig, a master power broker in his dealings with owners, doesn't want him signing with anyone. Sign Bonds, and you'll be getting no favors from the commissioner ... One point where we're in agreement with Bonds and his handlers: He shouldn't take one cent of a pay cut. He means notoriety and gate appeal, and he's the all-time home-run leader, for crying out loud. CEOs don't take pay cuts. They get raises every year ... Along those lines, there is talk that if Joe Torre returns as the Yankee manager, he'll have to take a salary hit. How petty is that? ... If you're wondering about the delay on Torre's fate, it's that the Yankees can no longer be sure if 77-year-old owner George Steinbrenner is lucid at any time. They have to make sure it's a majority decision within the organization, not some idle Steinbrenner rant.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../SPS8SP3L3.DTL

Torre a paycut? from the team that never losses money at anything?

Hysterical.
    Go Gators!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Give me Ken Macha or Davey Johnson or even Mackanin. Just anyone but Baker or Garner.

Turn Off Ads?