Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Re: Managerial search update(s) Could it be Dusty?

Baker just doesn't seem like someone Krivsky would choose, if this comes to pass I'd think it has Bob's fingerprints all over it.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Baker just doesn't seem like someone Krivsky would choose, if this comes to pass I'd think it has Bob's fingerprints all over it.
    I was pondering the exact same thing...I agree.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I was wondering that myself last evening. Dusty doesn't really seem to be the type of person Krivsky could be chummy with. Maybe Castellini is tired of having front office executives quit and constant chirping in the FO that there are problems. Maybe Bob thinks it's time to take this bull by the horns. If so, that is unfortunate. Might as well let John Allen run the team again.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Might as well let John Allen run the team again.
    He made for some good radio bashing!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Might as well let John Allen run the team again.
    RedRead would be pleased
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    He made for some good radio bashing!
    Good times!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I think we had folders of John Allen quotes....folders!

Probably still do somewhere, on some hard drive

Could be. But I think if Bob would go after anyone it would be LaRussa unless he told Bob flat out he didn't want the gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I think we had folders of John Allen quotes....folders!

Probably still do somewhere, on some hard drive
    Ohhh the torture of having to listen those. "This is not a firesale"...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    3) My new signature will read "Bandwagon's full, please catch another", courtesy of Fall Out Boy.
    Fallout Boy? Please, no...

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Now you're making me wonder if Dusty's name come up during Adam's September lunch with Bob.
    /r/reds

I don't know about that. How long will Krivsky keep his job if the Reds don't put a winner on the field?

Krivsky's never said he was rebuilding, in fact he's said quite the opposite. I know a lot folks around here, myself included, have wanted him to rebuild. We've looked at the current state of the franchise and what it has in the minors and figured that a rebuild should be undertaken. Yet that's just fans projecting their wishes onto the franchise.

Krivsky probably knows he needs to win now, so perhaps if he snags a guy who has won (like Baker) and convinces Castellini to pony up for what that manager says he needs, then he can save his bacon. Once again, this doesn't strike me as a great idea, but I think it does match up with Krivsky's personal interests - old school manager who'll want to win a division from the jump.

BTW, if this goes down, then get ready for the club to make a major play for Carlos Silva.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    BTW, if this goes down, then get ready for the club to make a major play for Carlos Silva.
    You're just full of wonderful news today, aren't you?

Hallelujah!

Give the gold to Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Hallelujah!

Give the gold to Silva.
    I would have no problem picking up Silva. But I can pretty much guarantee that some other team will one-up the Reds' offer. Cincy would have to get pretty creative to reel him in.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?