Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Re: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    That option might get picked up now.
    and the Dunn option passed on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Seriously considering giving my lifetime obsession with the Reds up.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    and the Dunn option passed on.
    What a disaster this could turn out to be.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    What a disaster this could turn out to be.
    everyone has said that picking up the option is a no-brainer. If that is the case then why hasn't it happened yet. Every day that passes makes it more likely of the Reds will not pick up that option.

I'm too busy reveling in the UK FB team's win over #1 LSU to let another stupid, stupid move by this train wreck of a franchise get me down tonight. I'm sure tomorrow though, I will be one honked-off Reds fan. Blech!

Retired

I find it hard to forecast anything because I have no idea who is in charge. I am guessing it isn't Krivsky. Jocketty may shortly be calling the shots and WK will just be carrying out his marching orders.
    Personally, I think this move means you can forget Jocketty. I don't see Castillini pulling the trigger on a new manager without Jocketty already in place if he felt he was going to be apart of the organization.

Doc K is probably grinning from ear to ear right now, his business is about to double.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Seriously considering giving my lifetime obsession with the Reds up.
    I know. Now they're finding ways to ruin my day even in the midst of a good football season for my other teams. It's not bad enough that they ruin every summer??

We bought him, now we have to live with him. Let's hope he learned something during his catastrophic tenure in Chicago.

Anybody that gives up on the Reds because of this wasn't needed in the first place. Maybe it indicates the club will open the coffers a little this winter. Just looking for the bright side....

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

everyone has said that picking up the option is a no-brainer. If that is the case then why hasn't it happened yet. Every day that passes makes it more likely of the Reds will not pick up that option.
    If they pass on Dunn and now with the Dusty Baker move, I will be done.

I can't put my heart into it anymore. It's too painful.....and frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I know. Now they're finding ways to ruin my day even in the midst of a good football season for my other teams. It's not bad enough that they ruin every summer??
    So I've been sick most of this week...I've been in the worst downswing ever in poker...

But today, I started feeling better. I had my first real winning session for the month. I was really having a good day. My Ducks won HUGE at home...my Cowboys are undefeated. LSU lost...I was dozing off in my Lazyboy...I wake up...

And now I feel like someone has seriously punched me in the gut.

I'm not sure who would have been worse to root for: Larussa or Baker.

Those quotes are the epitome of the anti-Dunn. Not to mention guys like EdE, Votto, Bailey, and Cueto are seriously hamstrung now.

God, I'm physically ill and wanna cry. It's been a bad month and it just won't stop.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Just one question (okay, three)... why on earth would Castellini do this? I honestly can not comprehend why.

Why in the world were they so hell bent on a big name, even if he isn't all that great?

And why so quickly? It's only been two weeks since the season ended!

Stormy hit the nail on the head, several times. If fans can see all these things, I can't understand why ownership can not.

I'm unable to express how disappointed I am with this choice. I just have this horrible horrible feeling that it's a huge mistake.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

This makes me want to torch my baseball card collection.

Seriously, Dusty was nowhere near my top pick. In fact, he was quite near the bottom - I would much rather have had Pete at the helm (and I do hope that Pete is given a job in the organization, but that is doubtful).
    But, the deed is done. Like a goofy basset hound that was just spanked, I will still faithfully follow the Reds hoping for another doggy biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    ... i'd like to say Mazzone but actually he was a guy who thought that high pitch counts were good for building up arm strength.
    Wait, wait, wait. Show us a link or some proof of this. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I have never seen him espouse this philosophy. He has advocated the four man rotation and his philosophy does involve an extra day of throwing between starts to cement the necessary unconscious rote memory of arm movement. However, his philosophy on pitch counts has been very logistic. He believes the universal 100 number is very arbitrary and that other factors should be factored into the decision as to when to remove a pitcher. But, where is your proof of this claim?

No pitching coach that I know of can claim a flawless record for health, but Mazzone's pitchers have typically been quite healthy. You can't point to a prolonged record of abuse by Mazzone pitchers.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Just one question (okay, three)... why on earth would Castellini do this? I honestly can not comprehend why.

Why in the world were they so hell bent on a big name, even if he isn't all that great?

And why so quickly? It's only been two weeks since the season ended!

Stormy hit the nail on the head, several times. If fans can see all these things, I can't understand why ownership can not.
    Because ownership is in this thing over it's head, apparently. They do not seem to have a clue.

Turn Off Ads?