Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Re: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So is Dusty really worse than what was available, i.e. Brenly, Girardi etc?
    Brenly actually has a ring, so I'd prefer him if the logic is "past success"
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    the fact that Jocketty has been offered a job to be WKs boss I can't imagine that this wasn't more Castellini then Krivsky. If BC trusted WK he wouldn't be looking to bring in Jocketty.
    EXACTAMUNDO!! I wonder if that idea started to creep into Castellini's mind after his meeting with Almaraz? "I support you Wayne"... (But do I trust you?)
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Maybe Joel is available?

Dude... sapes only!

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

What a disappointment.

And I thought the offseason was a time of hope and promise for the year to come?

This is a really hard team to root for.

Mostly I'm just disappointed with Castellini; I think when he said "we want to win now" that was all he had, nothing more than wanting to win.

So now what? Get behind Baker? Don't be so sure Bellhorn is gone, it's not too late to resign him. Bruce, Cueto and Bailey will all be in AAA next year, all year long. Get used to Gonzalez hitting leadoff or 2nd next year.

I'm a big Bearcat fan, and I didn't think it could get any worse tonight, until I heard this news on the way home.

This organization is literally going backwards, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    What a total inferiority complex this organization has. To sign a name.

I didn't think this franchise could get much lower. It's still sinking.
    That pretty much nails it. With the influx of youthful talent starting to produce, they were arguably just a #2-3 Starter, and a couple of bullpen arms away from contention in the NL Central. Then, just keep the focus on perpetuating the farm system and you might be on the road to building an annual contender in a few years, especially given the way that the young pups produced under Petey Mac.

So, our first offseason move is to hire a big name manager for big bucks, and one who just recently lost more games in a season than any Reds manager not named Bob Boone, who runs arms into the ground, favors underproductive vets to more talented youngsters, has a completely anti-statistical bent, and a totally bass ackwards approach to the values of an OBP driven offense, to player roles and matchups, and to player development.

Well played, you rubes.

I even just realized another horrible aspect of this is the mocking and laughter by Cubs fans.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Clearly things didn't work out for Dusty in Chicago but that's true for a lot of managers. Dusty had a pretty good rep as a manager before the fiasco in Chicago.

Having said that I still think the Reds could have done better. I'd rather have a young, energetic no name like the Tribe got with Eric Wedge given the names bandied about.

1.Cast is scaring me
    2.If Bailey puts it together next year, Dusty will run him hard. It isn't the way it should be, but will be. Homer's shelf life is going to be small. Maybe that groin will act up again.

Well, all those who wanted Junior traded can now kiss that goodbye.

I wasn't one of those people, but I at least saw the logic. Forget it now though.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Nuts
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Honestly, I hate Tony LaRussa. And I'm not a big fan of Krivsky.

But, I was hoping that we could go into 2008 with Mack and I was ok to give Krivsky another year to work everything out. I was thinking that maybe there is a method to his madness and maybe he's a year away. I didn't want LaRussa and I didn't want Jocketty, especially if it meant bringing in LaRussa and messing up whatever plan Krivsky was working on.

Now, I wish we had LaRussa.

That's how much I think of Dusty Baker.

I think Jennifer Love Hewitt (as suggested by Redsbaron) would have been a better option.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I even just realized another horrible aspect of this is the mocking and laughter by Cubs fans.
    I can hear the laughter now when there is 10,000 of them in the stands! Never fails that there are as many cub fans as Reds fans at GABP.

Seriously, I am not against the move. There are worse Managers out there (Tracy, Girardi, Perlozzo) but there were better ones too. I didn't see Dusty's name popping up for other vacancies so why the rush?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post

I wasn't one of those people, but I at least saw the logic. Forget it now though.
    I find it hard to forecast anything because I have no idea who is in charge. I am guessing it isn't Krivsky. Jocketty may shortly be calling the shots and WK will just be carrying out his marching orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post

That option might get picked up now.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?