Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: NHL Thread

Re: NHL Thread

May as well bring this thread back up with NHL playoffs right around the corner.

Steel must be feeling better right now with Hossa in the fold, Fleury on top of his game, and Crosby back in the line-up. Pens' offense has ridiculous potential.

My Hawks fell short, barely, making things interesting till the end. If the Blues didn't suck so much and could hand the Preds a defeat, the Hawks might just be the surprise team in the west to match what the Caps did in the East. But alas, the future is bright, and I'll pleasantly look forward to next season. But man if they made it in, that would have been awesome. Get to play the Wings, who so far are 5 and 2 agains them this year. Would have been sweet to renew that rivalry and make the Wings start actually caring about the Hawks again. Hawks haven't been able to make that a relevant discussion since they have fallen off the table so much.

I'll be resorting to my number 2 team to cheer for, the Wild, and if the Avalanche lose tommorow, then I might just be able to see the Wild live in Calgary. I would love nothing more than to be one of the only 5 Wild fans in a playoff stadium filled with rowdy Flames fans.

So anyone have some fearless predictions? I'd like to see Montreal or the Pens come out of the east, and Minny or Calgary out of the West (just for fandom reasons).

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Anyone watching the Philly-Washington game tonight? (OK, judging by the Vs ratings, probably not).

That #8 guy for the Caps is pretty good, eh?

Fun game to watch....
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Anybody watching the Flyers/Capitals game right now? I knew it was going to be a quality game coming in sense it was game seven, but both teams are playing pretty equally right now. Oh, and Ovechkin is a man child if you didn't know.

holy crap, what are the odds of that? both of us respond to a thread that hasn't been posted on in more than two weeks at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Anyone watching the Philly-Washington game tonight? (OK, judging by the Vs ratings, probably not).

That #8 guy for the Caps is pretty good, eh?

Fun game to watch....
    Saving my watching for tonight's late game... go Flames, we want you in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    holy crap, what are the odds of that? both of us respond to a thread that hasn't been posted on in more than two weeks at the same time?
    that is quite odd....

by the way- flyers cheated on that second goal...

great fun to watch. Washington seemed to dominate the play in the 3rd and OT, but the penalty by Poti turns out to be too much to overcome.

Now, onto the next game 7

I'm a Sharks fan, but their "turn it on" "turn it off" style of play is maddening. They have so much talent but they sleepwalk through long stretches of games. Good thing they took a $500K gamble on Roenick a week before the season started or their season would've been over last night.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I'm a Sharks fan, but their "turn it on" "turn it off" style of play is maddening. They have so much talent but they sleepwalk through long stretches of games. Good thing they took a $500K gamble on Roenick a week before the season started or their season would've been over last night.
    Sharks are erratic on the ice, but boy at times they are sizzlin..... I'm going to be out of the country fo rthe next round, bummer... the Sharks and the Stars will be a good one.

The two games I saw of the MON-BOS series (Games 2 and 6) were certainly entertaining. I'm a Habs fan so it all worked out. If I'd have been home on Monday night I probably would have watched more of the hockey game than the Reds game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Looking at some of the players in the PHI-MON series, it's a bit of a shame some of them are so young thAT they can't grow playoff beards even if they wanted to.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I still think the Thrashers have a shot in the playoffs.

Please?

MON loses.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    MON loses.
    PHI won.

To get to the conference finals from where they were last year is incredible.

For some inexplicable reason, TW digital cable in does not include Versus, so anytime the Flyers are on, I need to go to the local BW3 and try to convince one of the employees to change a TV to show hockey. I had versus when I lived in Dayton, but I move to Cincinnati, and it's gone. Ridiculous. Darn you Time Warner (angrily shakes fist).

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    PHI won.

To get to the conference finals from where they were last year is incredible.

For some inexplicable reason, TW digital cable in does not include Versus, so anytime the Flyers are on, I need to go to the local BW3 and try to convince one of the employees to change a TV to show hockey. I had versus when I lived in Dayton, but I move to Cincinnati, and it's gone. Ridiculous. Darn you Time Warner (angrily shakes fist).

Congrats. After they got within 1 it just took all the steam out of the Habs and the home crowd.

DirecTv is your friend.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?