Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Thread

Re: NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Columbus lost in a shootout at Anaheim last Thursday, but Leclaire comes back and shuts out the Blues this past Sunday. The Blue Jackets are now 8-3-2, and their 18 points are tied for second most in the Western Conference.
    Big test for the Jackets and their D tonight.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...711090430/1053

The Blue Jackets might have surprised some with their fast start.

A year after finishing second-to-last in the Central Division, the Blue Jackets are in second place, behind the Wings.

Wings coach Mike Babcock thinks the Blue Jackets will continue to play at a high level, thanks to second-year coach Ken Hitchcock.

"You know, Hitch has been successful everywhere he's been," Babcock said. "There's no reason he's not going to be successful. Plus, when you've been drafting as high as they have for as long as they have, you've got to be good."

Through Wednesday, Blue Jackets goalie Pascal Leclaire led the league in goals-against average (1.12) save percentage (.957) and shutouts (five).

"Fifteen games into it," Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom said, "it's pretty impressive to have that many."

The Blue Jackets' defense will be a good challenge for the Wings' forwards.

"When you go through it, they've got an organized group that's going to be prepared and that's going to make it real hard on us," Babcock said.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I followed the Black Hawks back in the 90's with Roenick and Amonte, so I'm excited with the young players like Kane showing such promise.

Now if only Cincinnati could follow the lead of the two teams I root for in Chicago [Bulls and Black hawks] and actually TRY!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

The Caps handed the Sens their second loss of the season.

I'm not sure what's more surprising to me: the fact that the Sens have now 13-2, or the fact that it was the Caps who got to them.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    The Caps handed the Sens their second loss of the season.

I'm not sure what's more surprising to me: the fact that the Sens have now 13-2, or the fact that it was the Caps who got to them.
    The Caps have already played in 3 games that one team scored 7 goals, that is way more wide open then the West.

Went to my 6th game of the season last night as the Thrashers shutout the Bruins 5-0. I actually ended up going by myself as my buddy canceled at the last minute. Fun game.

I went to a Blackhawks game when I lived in Chicago and I also went to a Chicago Wolves game (back when they played in the IHL). I must say I enjoyed it. Maybe someday I'll make a trip to Columbus to check out the Blue Jackets.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

It's been a good season so far, that's all I have to say, damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's been a good season so far, that's all I have to say, damn good.

I'm going to the All-Star game, so it's getting to be a GREAT season.

Thrashers are going to go all crazy in the second half, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'm going to the All-Star game, so it's getting to be a GREAT season.

Thrashers are going to go all crazy in the second half, by the way.
    Good luck... Southeast Hockey is probably the division I see less, as in hardly at all. Though I did watch some of the Jackets game yesterday vs the Hurricane.

But I see more western hockey by default... and the east is mainly Red Wings.

Good luck... Southeast Hockey is probably the division I see less, as in hardly at all. Though I did watch some of the Jackets game yesterday vs the Hurricane.

But I see more western hockey by default... and the east is mainly Red Wings.
    When you get the chance, watch some Ilya Kovalchuk. He's so much into the zone right now it's awesome.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

People here are very excited for Tuesday's Winter Classic ("Ice Bowl")....forcast now calls for snow for the game, should make a nice visual.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    People here are very excited for Tuesday's Winter Classic ("Ice Bowl")....forcast now calls for snow for the game, should make a nice visual.
    I watched some of the Sabres - Pens game yesterday too, they are all bunched up in the east, someone will have to make a move in the second half they have 9 teams with 38-42 points. That's parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    When you get the chance, watch some Ilya Kovalchuk. He's so much into the zone right now it's awesome.
    Yes, I have him on my fantasy team where goals are very valuable. Ilya is my best friend right now.

I've been watching a lot of Minnesota Wild games, and I'm about the only one who finds them exciting because of their style, but their defense has been horrid of late making the games much more crazy. But I did miss Gaborik's crazy 5 goal effort which made me very sad.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I watched some of the Sabres - Pens game yesterday too, they are all bunched up in the east, someone will have to make a move in the second half they have 9 teams with 38-42 points. That's parity.
    Outside of the Senators, the 2-8 seeds will take a while to sort out. I think you will see both the Sabres and Pens grow up a bit in the second half and play more consistent hockey. They both have a bunch of talent.

Should be an interesting second half.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I've been a Blues fan since the early 80s. I was a Stingers fan before that and when the team folded and Mike Liut ended up with the Blues, I started following them. Way too early to pick a cup winner though. Hopefully the Blues will have a heck of a second half, but in all honesty I don't think I'd label them a serious contender this year. You never know though. Anything can happen.

Turn Off Ads?