Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: NHL Thread

Re: NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    OK, on one side it was. I want to know who exactly kidnapped both Atlanta goaltenders and dressed in their place....that perhaps the worst display of goaltending I have seen.

Also nice to see Eric Bolton still has a role in the league (2 for cross checking, 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting, 10 misconduct and a game misconduct - all at once.)
    6-1 when I checked in... 2nd period.. ouch.. they schooled the Wings the other night... BAD.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I do have to say that Nash's goal was THE most awesome goal I've ever seen happen!
    Let's make some noise!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    6-1 when I checked in... 2nd period.. ouch.. they schooled the Wings the other night... BAD.
    10-1 Final.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

10-1 Final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

10-1 Final.
    I had missed the first 10 minutes of the game and by the time I turned it on it was 4-1.

We watched CSI-Miami instead.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

I am now officially going to the NHL All Star Game here in Atlanta.

I am officailly stoked.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I am now officially going to the NHL All Star Game here in Atlanta.

I am officailly stoked.
    And I am officially jealous. Have a great time.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

How about that Malkin/Ovechkin showdown last night. My new name for Malkin is now "The Wall"

Nash got SNUBBED tonight! He should've been the MVP! 3 Goals and set a record by scoring a goal in the first 12 seconds of the game? Wow, and he got beat by a guy who had 2 goals, and an assist?
    Let's make some noise!

Fun game, not a great event actually. Bad Swedish band before the game. Bad Atlanta R&B dude in the 2nd intermission. 1st intermission featured a "riveting" video game shootout for a new Dodge SUV.

I had a good time, but not a great moment for Atlanta hockey.

I had a good time, but not a great moment for Atlanta hockey.
    15 K an average night is a bad sign for Atlanta hockey (IMO)

That said the AS game is a kids event, the Pro Bowl of Hockey... promotional only useless otherwise.

The Jackets traded away the face of the orginization tonight....

Jody Shelley was sent to San Jose for a 6th rd draft pick...
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post

And all Jackets fans rejoice!!! Won't miss him one bit.

Not Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post

Didn't really see that coming. I figured they would let him walk as a free agent this summer, but a trade was kind of a surprise.

This leaves Jared Boll in a tough spot. He leads the leauge in FM's this year, but is not a heavyweight. He can't go with Parros, King, Godard, and some of the other Western enforcers. Tollefson can fight, but you don't want a d-man in the box that much, it screws with the parings. There are guys in Syracuse (Sestito sp?) but he is playing is first year of pro hockey (like Boll).

Hitch preaches multi-demisional players and Shelley was not one of them.

I'm not sure the face of the team was a guy who watched from the press box 60% of the time. He was very popular and great in the community and even married a local girl, but he was very expandable. I wish him all the luck in the world and hopefully this doesn't leave the CBJ in a situation where they lack toughness going into a playoff race the last 30 games of the season.

San Jose is better by making this deal.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

The jackets don't need an enforcer, they have big guys who score, they are more gri then skill across the board, they need skill players if they want to compete, not fighters.

When the "Face" of your franchise is not a skill player then I'd say your team needs to go into reconstructive surgery.

Turn Off Ads?