Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    It tooks the Jets all of 3 plays to go 79 yards and score a TD onthe Bengals defense.

    This is seriously one of the worst defenses I've ever seen.

    I think losing has made it's was back into the Bengal culture. They had one winning season. That's it. We're in for a lot more years of bad football. Better just hunker down and learn to live with it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  2. #2
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Carson intercepted at his own 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  3. #3
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,718

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Carson intercepted at his own 25.
    He had some help from TJ on that INT.

  4. #4
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    He had some help from TJ on that INT.
    Ahh, thanks I didn't see it (following game on GameCenter)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  5. #5
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    In the history of the Bengals, have they ever has a really good defense? I've been following them sing the mid-80s and they've never had one. When they've been good, they've always had a great offense. But the defense was always a liability.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  6. #6
    Plays The Right Way Hap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    796.357
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    In the history of the Bengals, have they ever has a really good defense? I've been following them sing the mid-80s and they've never had one. When they've been good, they've always had a great offense. But the defense was always a liability.
    In 1983, the defense was 1st in the NFL.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/cinindex.htm
    .

  7. #7
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,639

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    On the brightside, at least you didn't lose to the Detroit Lions today...

    Oh, I know you'll say "Wait, Caveat -- the Lions have a winning record this year!"

    Record be damned -- it's the LIONS. They're always going to be awful. If they have a winning record its only because they haven't had enough time to lose a proper number of games.

    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  8. #8
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    In 1983, the defense was 1st in the NFL.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/cinindex.htm
    And mysteriously, that team managed to fall to 7-9. I shut the 1983 season out of my memory years ago. What led to the downfall? Was it the offense? Wasn't it pretty much the same offense they'd had in '81 and '82?

    Also, wasn't Dick Lebeau the DC then?

  9. #9
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Also, to anybody else that was at the game today, how drunk was the PA guy?

    When Chad Pennington threw a TD pass in the 2nd half, he announced, "TD pass by Chad Johnson." He offered no correction. And then, after the PAT, he followed it with, "Extra point by Chad Johnson is good." After a brief pause, he then bellows "Correction. Mike Nugent with the kick." Ah, yes, easy to get those two mixed up.

    Then there was another FG attempt (again by Nugent), and the PA guy claimed Shayne Graham was kicking it. Plus, there were a couple errors by saying it was 2nd and 7 when, in fact, it was 3rd and 1 or something similar.

    I can understand making a slight mistake on down and distance once, (he did it twice), or taking a stab in the dark on a tough to pronounce name (yep, that happened too), but this guy was claiming Chad Johnson was throwing TD passes. And kicking PATs. And playing for the Jets.

    By the 4th quarter, I was convinced he'd tell us it was 4th and runner on 2nd base, or that the result of the last play was traveling. Dude was just all over the place.
    Last edited by Screwball; 10-22-2007 at 01:19 AM.

  10. #10
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Also, to anybody else that was at the game today, how drunk was the PA guy?

    When Chad Pennington threw a TD pass in the 2nd half, he announced, "TD pass by Chad Johnson." He offered no correction. And then, after the PAT, he followed it with, "Extra point by Chad Johnson is good." After a brief pause, he then bellows "Correction. Mike Nugent with the kick." Ah, yes, easy to get those two mixed up.

    Then there was another FG attempt (again by Nugent), and the PA guy claimed Shayne Graham was kicking it. Plus, there were a couple errors by saying it was 2nd and 7 when, in fact, it was 3rd and 1 or something similar.

    I can understand making a slight mistake on down and distance once, (he did it twice), or taking a stab in the dark on a tough to pronounce name (yep, that happened too), but this guy was claiming Chad Johnson was throwing TD passes. And kicking PATs. And playing for the Jets.

    By the 4th quarter, I was convinced he'd tell us it was 4th and runner on 2nd base, or that the result of the last play was traveling. Dude was just all over the place.
    That's not good... but REALLY funny!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  11. #11
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Also, to anybody else that was at the game today, how drunk was the PA guy?

    When Chad Pennington threw a TD pass in the 2nd half, he announced, "TD pass by Chad Johnson." He offered no correction. And then, after the PAT, he followed it with, "Extra point by Chad Johnson is good." After a brief pause, he then bellows "Correction. Mike Nugent with the kick." Ah, yes, easy to get those two mixed up.

    Then there was another FG attempt (again by Nugent), and the PA guy claimed Shayne Graham was kicking it. Plus, there were a couple errors by saying it was 2nd and 7 when, in fact, it was 3rd and 1 or something similar.

    I can understand making a slight mistake on down and distance once, (he did it twice), or taking a stab in the dark on a tough to pronounce name (yep, that happened too), but this guy was claiming Chad Johnson was throwing TD passes. And kicking PATs. And playing for the Jets.

    By the 4th quarter, I was convinced he'd tell us it was 4th and runner on 2nd base, or that the result of the last play was traveling. Dude was just all over the place.

    Also referred to the Jets as the Eagles more than once.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  12. #12
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    In the history of the Bengals, have they ever has a really good defense? I've been following them sing the mid-80s and they've never had one. When they've been good, they've always had a great offense. But the defense was always a liability.
    The D on the '88 Super Bowl squad was very stout. The other Super Bowl D was above average in an offensive minded year as well.

  13. #13
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    Offensive holding AND intentional grounding to ensure the Bungles get no points before halftime...

    was there booing as the team left the field? I've got to think there was...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  14. #14
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,393

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    The defense of the eighties wasn't shabby. They were never known as a defensive team, particularly, but I always thought the D they put together under Gregg was pretty darned good.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  15. #15
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

    They may struggle to get to 4-12.

    Heck, I'm near the point of rooting for that so they can get Glenn Dorsey.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25