Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Star Trek movie?????

Re: New Star Trek movie?????

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Pretty much my thought. I'm no JJ Abrams fan, but anything has to be better than the crap they fed Star Trek fans for years under the Rick Berman regime.

It's a telling sign that the only good things to come out of Star Trek since Gene Roddenberry died are the things he had nothing to do with (DS9 w/ Ira Steven Behr, and the last season of 'Enterprise' w/ Manny Coto).
    DS9 is still the single best ST series. You aren't going to find anyone that loves TNG more the me, but I love DS9 even more.

I'm rewatching it for the first time in years, and it's still the awesome. There's quite a few stinkers (usually dealing with Quark), but on the whole, there's nothing quite like it.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I never cared for DS9 my self. I always liked Voyager the best out of the series.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Looks awesome
    Gotta love Sylar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Like Spock hasn't tried to kill Kirk before.

It's a seperate time line, which we've seen before.
    Boldy going backwards again are we?

It's funny that Harve Bennet who produced the Trek movies 2-5 had this very same idea way back in 1987, a Kirk and Spock at the academy idea, only took 20 years.

You're right on about DS9 though.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Boldy going backwards again are we?

It's funny that Harve Bennet who produced the Trek movies 2-5 had this very same idea way back in 1987, a Kirk and Spock at the academy idea, only took 20 years.

You're right on about DS9 though.

I'm quite prepared to hate the new movie, but on a first look the trailer looked pretty awesome, so unless something changes my mind I'll go watch the movie.

Alternate universes/timelines are very star trek.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Is this a prequel? It worked well for Star Wars so lets see how it works for Star Trek. I did enjoy the series Enterprise so maybe it will work.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is this a prequel? It worked well for Star Wars so lets see how it works for Star Trek. I did enjoy the series Enterprise so maybe it will work.
    :runawaycr

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

DS9 is still the single best ST series. You aren't going to find anyone that loves TNG more the me, but I love DS9 even more.

I'm rewatching it for the first time in years, and it's still the awesome. There's quite a few stinkers (usually dealing with Quark), but on the whole, there's nothing quite like it.
    I've managed to finally get all seven seasons of DS9 on DVD by buying used whenever I'm at an FYE or other place that sells pre-owned box sets.

Rewatching it (I'm in the middle of S4 right now) I discovered that the first season wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered, but still really slow. Once they shifted focus on the show from "last outpost on the far reaches of space" to "first line of defense in the largest war in galactic history" the show really took off. It also corresponds (roughly) to when Avery Brooks started rocking the cueball & goatee look.

And I've also decided officially that the Defiant (in all it's Millenium Falcon-esq flory) is the coolest spaceship in the history of televised science fiction.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

And I've also decided officially that the Defiant (in all it's Millenium Falcon-esq flory) is the coolest spaceship in the history of televised science fiction.
    The best lines from Star Trek: First Contact

Riker: tough little ship.
    Worf: Little?!
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Rewatching it (I'm in the middle of S4 right now) I discovered that the first season wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered, but still really slow. Once they shifted focus on the show from "last outpost on the far reaches of space" to "first line of defense in the largest war in galactic history" the show really took off. It also corresponds (roughly) to when Avery Brooks started rocking the cueball & goatee look.

He's freaking HAWK~! from Spencer for Hire. I'm sure he went to the producers and said, "listen, I'm freaking HAWK~! from Spencer for Hire, I'm shaving my head and growing a goatee and if you say anything about it....."

You don't mess with Hawk.

Forget Enterprise (no bloody A, no bloody B...) and Enterterprise D, when the Defiant gets destroyed I choked up.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

If the trailer doesn't whet your appetite enough, here's a report from someone who got to preview 4 scenes from the film.

http://latinoreview.com/news/el-mayi...sentation-5734
    /r/reds

Winona Ryder plays Spock's mom?

Shop lifters on Vulcan! Kinky!

A young Kirk gets down in a bar fight after hitting on Uhura. Does Janet Jackson play Uhura?
    Last edited by GAC; 11-18-2008 at 08:42 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

As much as I like Simon Pegg I just don't see him as Scotty
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    As much as I like Simon Pegg I just don't see him as Scotty

They only casting I'm not happy with is Pine as Kirk. Really? Him?

They only casting I'm not happy with is Pine as Kirk. Really? Him?
    I agree with that. I'm not crazy about any of the cast except for Bana and Sylar.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?