Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Indians in full choke mode already

Re: Indians in full choke mode already

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I agree. The Indians showed before that they are capable of scoring on Daisuke.
    Unfortunately, the window for getting to him is shutting rapidly. Papelbon looms as early as the 8th (don't think they would bring him in earlier) and obviously the other bullpen arms + Beckett are available. They just need to get lucky and get a big hit to tie it up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cleveland does not rock. All the more irritating when it is not true.

I'll come clean. I would much rather see the corporate goliath go to the world series than our obnoxious neighbors to the north. The thought of the Indians winning a world championship before our next one leaves a horrible, acidic taste in my mouth.

Go Sawks!

Horrible call on Lofton at second base to lead off the 5th. I continue to be amazed at how many similar calls like this are missed by the suppsed best in the business umpires in the big leagues.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

What is going on with 3B coach? Why in the world would he hold Lofton up there? Makes no sense at all. That could be costly.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It does cost them. That might be the best chance they had with Papelbon coming on.

Completely insane not to send Lofton home there. If the Indians lose, that 3B coach better find a new place to live. They're not going to take too kindly to such a gaffe.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    It does cost them. That might be the best chance they had with Papelbon coming on.

Completely insane not to send Lofton home there. If the Indians lose, that 3B coach better find a new place to live. They're not going to take too kindly to such a gaffe.

Agreed. Lofton should have scored easily.

Wow, the Indians lose this one, and the 3rd base coach will have a huge "goat" sign tagged on him forever.
    It looked like even Lofton couldn't believe it.

Wow. Skinner's status just dropped.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    Agreed. Lofton should have scored easily.
    Keep in mind that Lofton got thrown out at second earlier in this game. That may have entered into Skinner's thinking.
    /r/reds

Pedroia is now a folk hero in Boston and all of New England. WOW!
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

ballgame.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I love the guy, he's been one of my favorite players since I was a kid, but if you want to win the World Series, don't sign Kenny Lofton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Pedroia is now a folk hero in Boston and all of New England. WOW!
    Any Red Sox fan who didn't adore Pedroia by July has to have rocks in his head instead of brains.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I love the guy, he's been one of my favorite players since I was a kid, but if you want to win the World Series, don't sign Kenny Lofton.
    I don't believe Lofton has been the problem, but I see your point.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    ?Que? The replay showed that Lofton was safe on the throw to 2nd and he stopped at third because the coach stopped him. For that, he's poison to your attempt to win?

Rem

Turn Off Ads?