Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Indians in full choke mode already

Re: Indians in full choke mode already

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post

Isn't it wonderful that I don't look forward to the World Series this year. I could be dead and not around to enjoy anything and isn't it wonderful that my team continues to flounder year after year. I've never had it so good.
    Oh I get it, it's the Reds you were talking about, that's why no interest in the World Series.

Silly me, I thought it was about the teams in the World Series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    It is and I do.

To be positive you have to see a hint of positive things unless you stick your head in the sand. If everyone looked at the baseball situation with an unquestioning positive attitude, nothing would change. Just like 7 consecutive losing seasons. That positive attitude really helped there, didn't it?

But, spring trtaining is coming and watch my positive attitude then. It will be off the charts!
    I didn't realize the only options are "full blown doom and gloom" and "everything is dandy! optimisim".

I guess it makes life simpler to only have two choices. Well, that and it makes for such good mellodrama.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 10-23-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I didn't realize the only options are "full blown doom and gloom" and "everything is dandy! optimisim".

I guess it makes life simpler to only have two choices. Well, that and it makes for such good mellodrama.
    Around these here RZ parts, we call that the Prozac meter.

It is either resting firmly on 0 or pegged at 100. Unicorns and rainbows or razor blades and a loaded .45.

Manic depression is a frustrating mess.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Wow! What a catch by Coco to end the game!
    Curious where he will be making plays like that next year. He is sure to be shopped this winter. Not a great arm but can go get the ball. Would be a cheaper option for many than Andrew or Torii. I wonder who could need a good defensive centerfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Wow, and here I thought baseball was a game to be enjoyed.
    It's a game to be dissected, sliced, diced, peeled, and put under a microscope and analyzed to no ends. Then, when you're done, you're still shaking your head.

I love this forum, and especially the discussions that go on here; but it reminds me alot of my younger brother who, when a kid, use to take stuff apart all the time just to see what made it work.... toys, appliances, etc. The only problem was he couldn't put it back together again, and frustrated the crap out of our Mom.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-23-2007 at 09:49 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Curious where he will be making plays like that next year. He is sure to be shopped this winter. Not a great arm but can go get the ball. Would be a cheaper option for many than Andrew or Torii. I wonder who could need a good defensive centerfielder?
    Not to be a smart-aleck, but I'd guess maybe the Braves or Twins might?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I just wish the Reds could get in a position close enough to be able to choke like the Indians.

We're not even good enough to be called chokers!

There is the "early choke," and then there is the "late choke." Let's just hope that the trio of Castellini, Krivski, and Baker are well versed in the heimlich maneuver.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    There is the "early choke," and then there is the "late choke." Let's just hope that the trio of Castellini, Krivski, and Baker are well versed in the heimlich maneuver.
    Good one...

I find it hard to say a team choked who won the first round of the playoffs and took their opposition to the 7th game of LCS, though.

We should be so lucky...or good.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=6865

The Red Sox as Heavies

Here's something I wrote after the Red Sox victory over St. Louis in the World Series in my BP column for October 29, 2004:

The Red Sox role as proxy for the world’s Yankee haters has now been completed. What will follow next should prove interesting. Once the smoke clears and the 2005 season gets underway, the Red Sox will find they have lost their cuteness factor. The Darlings of the Long Drought will discover that they are now in the sights of the rest of baseball as the Junior Evil Empire--the team with the second-highest payroll in baseball. When they storm into secondary cities with their ever-increasing fan base in the van, the locals are going to have a hard time discerning the difference between them and the Yankees. This will become especially true if they can cook up a mini-dynasty, something they have the financial and mental resources to accomplish.

Has this come to pass? I know that I see more and more Boston fans at away games these days. Is this your perception, too? Dan Wetzel has a piece at Yahoo! Sports that says that this very thing has happened. One thing is for certain--in sports, it is better to be hated than pitied.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I know that I see more and more Boston fans at away games these days.
    I think the number of fans at away games is getting overblown by TV coverage. The Red Sox probably do have an increase of fans at away games, but then if you used the anecdotal evidence of TV views of visiting colors in the crowds, all coverage now has a fascination with showing crowd shots of a fan wearing the visiting team's garb, like shirt and/or ballcap. It certainly skews things, IMO. And, I just thought way too much about that...

I do think the Indians will be a force going into 2008 and beyond.

This was really the maiden voyage for most of their guys into the post season and they got a full blast firehose shot of playoff pressure between the eyes going to Fenway for game 6 and 7. They'll be the better for it going into the future and a little more seasoned.

Pay attention to the open sky

The Indians won three straight.... then the Sox won three straight. That's baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I'm not sold on the Rockies other than they have had an incredible run.

Rem
    Hmpf! What do ya' know. I still feel that way.

Rem

I think it's fair to say the Tribe not only choked away the AL Pennant, they blew the first Championship in Cleveland in over 50 years. Had Cleveland played the Rox they would have cruised to the championship. The AL is that much better than the NL this year.

Turn Off Ads?