Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst no call in college football video

Worst no call in college football video

Look at this...worst no call ever....oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMf5DZOy3Mg

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Worst no call in college football video

That was pretty bad.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Even as a Louisville fan I certainly wouldn't call that the worst no-call ever. It certainly affected the outcome of the game but not as much as the defense's inability to stop UConn on the final two drives coinciding with the fact that Brohm, while great, seems incapable of leading a clutch scoring drive. I'm so sick and tired of this football team.

And Cincy fans... you should be worried because the Louisville team that beat you last weak has proven once again that they're a pretty weak team.

I just read this:

The official definition of a fair-catch signal in the rule book calls for a player to raise his hand above his head and wave it back and forth more than once, something Taylor didn't do.
    Regardless it seems like a pretty bush-league move by the UConn player. I'm willing to bet that if the Cards player would have hit him as he caught the ball their would have been a penalty. It seems almost like one of those deals where the ref knew he didn't call a fair-catch once he started running with the ball.

Just found this as well:

But get this -- NCAA rules state that even if a player makes an invalid signal, he still cannot advance the ball once he catches it.
    Clearly an awful call.
    Last edited by joshnky; 10-20-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Even as a Louisville fan I certainly wouldn't call that the worst no-call ever. It certainly affected the outcome of the game but not as much as the defense's inability to stop UConn on the final two drives coinciding with the fact that Brohm, while great, seems incapable of leading a clutch scoring drive. I'm so sick and tired of this football team.

And Cincy fans... you should be worried because the Louisville team that beat you last weak has proven once again that they're a pretty weak team.
    I think last week proved that if you play a mistake-filled game and turn the ball over four times, it's tough to win no matter who you play. Cincy was clearly the better team, but very few teams can overcome fumbling twice in the red zone and failing to score a touchdown after 1st and goal from the 2, especially against a talented offense like Louisville.

UC will be fine. They won in Piscataway which is something the #2 team (not after Sunday) couldn't do. Also,their Oregon State win looks better after the OSU win against Cal.

Also, keep in mind that UC manhandled USF last year. It's a team the Cats match up against very well. The exact opposite is true against WVU. That game could get ugly. I still see them finishing 9-3 or 10-2. I had them pegged at 8-9 wins before the season started, so there's no disappointment.

I think that player knew what he was doing and figured what the heck. Then the refs let him get away with it. That was indeed very bad.

Big East is amateur. This guy knew he was going to do it, and then they fell for it. The entire rest of their team stopped as well.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

This just goes to show that the Big East officals havn't caught up with the teams in the Big East.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Forfeit.
    Go Gators!

I disagree. Had that play not happened, who knows, UofL could've won. It also led to one less TO in the remainder of the game when it would've definitely helped. I was very happy with most of the defense last night. They held UConn to 10 points. That stop in the red zone last night was very nice, and they stopped them many other times on 3rd down. For the rainy conditions of last night, a victory of any sort would have been superb. It just sucks because this was a huge game to have been 'determined' by such an unfair play.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I think last week proved that if you play a mistake-filled game and turn the ball over four times, it's tough to win no matter who you play. Cincy was clearly the better team, but very few teams can overcome fumbling twice in the red zone and failing to score a touchdown after 1st and goal from the 2, especially against a talented offense like Louisville.

UC will be fine. They won in Piscataway which is something the #2 team (not after Sunday) couldn't do. Also,their Oregon State win looks better after the OSU win against Cal.

Also, keep in mind that UC manhandled USF last year. It's a team the Cats match up against very well. The exact opposite is true against WVU. That game could get ugly. I still see them finishing 9-3 or 10-2. I had them pegged at 8-9 wins before the season started, so there's no disappointment.
    Thats an awful Pitt team they're losing to. Not that I can say much. Louisville will likely lose to them next week.

Thats an awful Pitt team they're losing to. Not that I can say much. Louisville will likely lose to them next week.
    Yep, they looked horrible today. There's no excuse for that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Yep, they looked horrible today. There's no excuse for that performance.
    Welcome to my life every week. Between Louisville and the Bengals I've seen a lot of bad football this year.

Bush league by the refs. Crap like that would never fly in a conference like the Big 10 or SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Bush league by the refs. Crap like that would never fly in a conference like the Big 10 or SEC.
    Wasn't there all kinds of ref criticism in the Big 10 a few years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it one of the reasons for the Big 10 to be the first to implement instant replay?

Turn Off Ads?