Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

  1. #1
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,823

    Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    ...second base or third base or home. It makes no difference to them. And the best part is everyone in the United States comes out ahead. Exactly one taco ahead. They ought to bring back their talking chihuahua for this one. They could show a runner leading off first and the talking dog could be urging him to steal second. Maybe even show the dog chasing the runner to second base. Drop the chalupa and Run! Run! Run!

    http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...31346720071022
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-22-2007 at 03:44 PM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    536

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    Probably good marketing for them. I don't think I could go into Taco Bell and just get one taco. They do a similar promotion at Nashville Predator hockey games; if the Predators score five goals in a game, everyone gets a free taco.

  4. #3
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,491

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    Most of us are probably familiar with the stereotypes against Mexicans (which are unfair, in my personal opinion). I'm not sure 'stealing a taco' is the best way to promote this.

  5. #4
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,377

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    My mind must work slowly, I didn't make any such Mexican-stealing connection.

    The connection my brain did make is "mmmm, tacos".

    Given the constraints of the fine print, I'm not sure its going to be worth it to battle the taco-frenzied baseball fans...

    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fan_forum/tacobell/

    No Purchase Necessary. Subject to official rules found in-store and online at www.StealaBaseStealaTaco.com. If a base is stolen during regulation or extra innings play by any player for either team in the 2007 MLB World Series, Taco Bell® will offer every person in the U.S. the opportunity to obtain one (1) free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco (Approximate Retail Value 77¢, prices may vary) at participating Taco Bell® restaurants in the United States on the date designated herein. Eligible consumers can obtain their free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 (if base is stolen in Games 1 or 2 on October 24 or October 25, 2007) OR November 6, 2007 (if base is stolen in Games 3-7, October 27, 28, 29, 31, November 1, 2007) ("Redemption Date") only. To obtain the Free Taco, consumers must visit any participating Taco Bell® restaurant in one of the fifty (50) the United States or District of Columbia between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. (local time) on the Redemption Date only and request a Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco. Limit one (1) Free Crunchy Season Beef Taco per person. Void where prohibited. Offer valid at participating Taco Bell® locations. ©2007 Taco Bell Corp.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  6. #5
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    I remember the chants of "WE WANT TACO! (clap clap, clap clap clap)" at Syracuse. Anytime our beloved Orange(men) scored 75 and got the W, everyone in attendance could show their ticket stub at a local Taco Bell to get a free taco.

    Great stuff.

  7. #6
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,466

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    My mind must work slowly, I didn't make any such Mexican-stealing connection.

    The connection my brain did make is "mmmm, tacos".

    Given the constraints of the fine print, I'm not sure its going to be worth it to battle the taco-frenzied baseball fans...

    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fan_forum/tacobell/

    No Purchase Necessary. Subject to official rules found in-store and online at www.StealaBaseStealaTaco.com. If a base is stolen during regulation or extra innings play by any player for either team in the 2007 MLB World Series, Taco Bell® will offer every person in the U.S. the opportunity to obtain one (1) free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco (Approximate Retail Value 77¢, prices may vary) at participating Taco Bell® restaurants in the United States on the date designated herein. Eligible consumers can obtain their free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 (if base is stolen in Games 1 or 2 on October 24 or October 25, 2007) OR November 6, 2007 (if base is stolen in Games 3-7, October 27, 28, 29, 31, November 1, 2007) ("Redemption Date") only. To obtain the Free Taco, consumers must visit any participating Taco Bell® restaurant in one of the fifty (50) the United States or District of Columbia between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. (local time) on the Redemption Date only and request a Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco. Limit one (1) Free Crunchy Season Beef Taco per person. Void where prohibited. Offer valid at participating Taco Bell® locations. ©2007 Taco Bell Corp.
    You will be able to get your free taco this Tuesday,October 30th. Ellsbury stole a base for the Sawks last night. So enjoy!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  8. #7
    Harry Chiti Fan registerthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5,872

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    <rant>

    Personal pet peeve:

    Writing things like this: "of the fifty (50) United States".

    I know it's legalese, but there is nothing whatsoever ambiguous about the word "fifty". It means fifty. It can't possibly mean anything else. So adding that stupid (50) at the end of it is redundant. Little things like that just drive me nucking futs.

    </rant>
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

  9. #8
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    <rant>

    Personal pet peeve:

    Writing things like this: "of the fifty (50) United States".

    I know it's legalese, but there is nothing whatsoever ambiguous about the word "fifty". It means fifty. It can't possibly mean anything else. So adding that stupid (50) at the end of it is redundant. Little things like that just drive me nucking futs.

    </rant>
    Maybe it means you can't get the free taco in Puerto Rico? Or maybe just emphasizing that you can only claim the taco in the US, and nowhere else, since Taco Bell exists globally.

  10. #9
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,832

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    I think they paid Royce Clayton a nice stipend to discuss the promotion loudly with his teammates. During both WS games, the announcers have shown clips of "spontaneous" dugout conversations in which Clayton has mentioned the free taco deal.

    It's good to see The Rolls finally getting some publicity, although it makes me fairly sick to think that his career will include a World Series ring while Junior's probably won't.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  11. #10
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,689

    Re: Taco bell wants MLB players to steal.

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Most of us are probably familiar with the stereotypes against Mexicans (which are unfair, in my personal opinion). I'm not sure 'stealing a taco' is the best way to promote this.
    Reminds me of that terrible (yet funny) joke where the guy steals another man's cheese, and the guy yells....

    NACHO CHEESE! NACHO CHEESE!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25