Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trying to acquire LT. Please review

I'm toolsy.

Trying to acquire LT. Please review

Looking for an honest opinion here. I am trying to get rid of some of my depth (both at RB and WR) and I am trying to bolster my starting line-up. Of course, I have set my sights high:

I get:

Ladanian Tomlinson (averaging 20 per game)
    Terry Glenn (out for the year, I would drop him)
    Ronnie Brown (out for the year, I would drop him)

He gets:

Patrick Crayton (a 2 point per game upgrade over his other starting WR, Antwan Randle EL)
    Frank Gore (averaging 10 per game)
    Lendale White (averaging 10 per game)

So the final swap nets my opponent an additional two points per game. What do you think? Am I giving away too much to get LT? Will he think I'm crazy?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trying to acquire LT. Please review

It's hard to say without knowing the rest of your roster. I don't know if you're dealing real depth or stripping yourself down to bare bones.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    So the final swap nets my opponent an additional two points per game. What do you think?
    True but that's 22 pts over 3 players; not one like LT.

Am I giving away too much to get LT? Will he think I'm crazy?
    No. Yes.

Honestly in order to get LT, you will have to pay through your nose. Please list the rest of your roster and the other team's roster for reference.

I'm toolsy.

My other RBs:

Marshawn Lynch
    Lawrence Maroney

My other WRs:

Marvin Harrison
    Braylon Edwards
    Marques Colston
    Calvin Johnson

His other RB's:

Dominc Rhodes
    Fred Taylor

His other WRs:

Randy Moss
    Antwan Randle El
    Drew Bennett
    Santana Moss

I would guess that unless he is not the brightest individual you would have to give up at the bare minimum Gore + Maroney + Harrison/Edwards/Lynch in order to even sniff LT.

That trade would help you more than it would hurt you. Give it a shot, and see if he bites.

I honestly don't think you have the guys to get L.T. No way he takes that trade, unless he's crazy. Tom Brady would have to be involved plus another running back. Good luck though, god knows I want him too haha

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    So the final swap nets my opponent an additional two points per game.
    Thats actually not true. LT will get you twenty but he only takes up one roster spot. If he keep LT and starts another running back who gets say 10, he has a total of thirty. With your two running backs you only total twenty, and fill your RB slots. So you add in two points with a WR, big deal, he still takes the match up because he gets the same amount of production out of less people. Factor in his final person and he wins every time.

If the other owner makes this trade, he is crazy. LT will probably outperform those three players put together--and then you'd still get to start two more players!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?