Turn Off Ads?

Thread: All-Star Game = MONUMENTAL implications for this World Series esp. for the Sox

All-Star Game = MONUMENTAL implications for this World Series esp. for the Sox

How much better would it be for the Rockies if THEY were the ones who had home-field advantage for this series? Fortunately for the Sox, they'll only have to choose between their hottest hitter (Youkilis) and arguably their BEST hitter (Ortiz) for 3 games instead of 4.

Forcing Big Papi to play the field for 4 games instead of 3 *could* have had huge implications for the World Series' outcome after everything is said and done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: All-Star Game = MONUMENTAL implications for this World Series esp. for the Sox

I have always thought it was a bad idea for the All-Star game to influence who gets home-field advantage in the playoffs

Re: All-Star Game = MONUMENTAL implications for this World Series esp. for the Sox

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I have always thought it was a bad idea for the All-Star game to influence who gets home-field advantage in the playoffs
    Personally I like it. It atleast makes the game count for something. It's more fair than alternating, or a coin toss I think.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

The American League just seems to have an advantage. It almost guarantees home-field advantage in the World Series to the American League team. It's rather ironic they came up with the idea after we had the tie in the All-Star Game.

rockies are 3 games under on the road this season, if anyone is interested.

SOX in 5..

What sucks is that this is the only way MLB could "make the All-Star game count"..... which is ridiculous. I'd rather give the winning team a big chunk of money then make anything about the World Series rely on something so arbitrary as the All-Star game. The best players dont even always play in the game, and when was the game decided by a guy who was actually going to be in the play-offs. Its ridiculous.

Even if the NL would have won the allstar game this year, I do not think the Rockies should have had homefield because they are a WILD CARD team. If both teams are Wild Cards, then the all-star game would decide the home field.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

timbok

I really feel they should have it this way : team with the best record gets homefield,the ALLSTAR game is always won by the LA cause of there higher saleries...and because of eric gagne and Trevow hOFFMAN

Quote Originally Posted by timbok View Post
    I really feel they should have it this way : team with the best record gets homefield,the ALLSTAR game is always won by the LA cause of there higher saleries...and because of eric gagne and Trevow hOFFMAN
    I hope they can even out the playing field eventually. Why do they let all this stuff happen? It befuddles me that they let the Yankees have that huge of a salary cap. If the caps were set, you wouldn't have players asking for 30 million a year.

Getting back to the subject...
    I really hope the Rockies can pull through. I know that they are the underdog, but they have been so for the entire playoffs. Go Rockies!!!
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Colorado will really have to have some home cooking the next 3 games. Down 0-2, they will probably need to win all 3 games in Colorado to have a chance at winning the World Series.

Turn Off Ads?