Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
There are different kinds of pain (torment). In no way would I try to compare someone's "inner" pain to such an external event like the Holocaust or any other historical atrocity. Apples and oranges.

But to also label what Schultz did as sophmoric or lacking originality, simply because he could draw, is missing the point. Alot of peole can draw. I'm an amateur artist who has always been able to draw/paint. But I could never express (communicate) my feelings at a level like what a Schultz (and others) have been able to do.

Your average person can identify (associate) far more with what Schultz was attempting to portray (express) in his Peanut characters on a day-today basis then they can with the Holocaust.
Of course you are entitled to your own analysis of Schultz, but what I see is the marketing even after he died- how the Charlie Brown Christmas book, DVD. etc is being reissued, repackaged, etc and living in Minnsota, there are Snoopy sculptures everwhere, Snoopy bunkers at golf courses. Peanuts is like Disney. There are so few shared collective memories Americans have today. Regarding this biography, people are very protective of Schulz. "Peanuts" is theirs. The message is "I read Peanuts as a child. Don't mess with my childhood".