Turn Off Ads?

Thread: patriots or Colts

timbok

patriots or Colts

Which one has the better chance of going un-defeated?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: patriots or Colts

Only because of the Pats ego I say the pats. The pats look unstopable but there is a certain thing called the injury but that tends to hit veteran teams as the season progresses. If the Pats can aviod that then they could possibly look at a 13-0 start. I dont know if any team clinches hom field and then continues to play the starters for full games.

It's a long season.
    I say neither.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I'd say the Pats but I'd like to see the Colts win that matchup so the geniuses on Madison Avenue will finally give Peyton Manning a few endorsements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'd say the Pats but I'd like to see the Colts win that matchup so the geniuses on Madison Avenue will finally give Peyton Manning a few endorsements.
    My guess is that Peyton's probably doing all right, money wise.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Pats if only because Brady is less mistake prone than Manning and I'm not sure that the Colts secondary can hold up against 4 very solid receiving options in Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson. Sanders can't be everywhere at once.

I'd say the winner of that game (assuming they're both undefeated) still has just a 20% chance or so of going undefeated. Seriously, Pats could wrap up the division in Week 11. Are they really going to stay up for the rest of their schedule?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Pats if only because Brady is less mistake prone than Manning and I'm not sure that the Colts secondary can hold up against 4 very solid receiving options in Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson. Sanders can't be everywhere at once.

I'd say the winner of that game (assuming they're both undefeated) still has just a 20% chance or so of going undefeated. Seriously, Pats could wrap up the division in Week 11. Are they really going to stay up for the rest of their schedule?
    It depends what the Colts are doing. The Pats will play for HFA in the playoffs, so as long as someone is right there with them, they will keep playing in the hopes of playing at Gillette come January.

If the Pats do it nobody will be as happy as me that those fools from the 72 Dolphins will get to cry in their champagne.

One potential pitfall game for the Pats would be Week 17 I think they are matched up with the New York Football Giants. The Giants should be at least playing for playoff position ban but if the Pats are 15-0 they would have clinched everything. Would they bring Flutie back to do another dropkick?

This has got to be the Patriots. I could be the best coach in the NFL if I knew what the other team was going to do. No matter if they gave those tapes to the NFL, they still have some of that information about other teams, and I bet they still use it.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Mark me down for neither.

Someone will knock off both the Patriots and the Colts along the way.

I like the odds of both the Rams and the Dolphins both going winless better than either the Patriots and the Colts going undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    One potential pitfall game for the Pats would be Week 17 I think they are matched up with the New York Football Giants. The Giants should be at least playing for playoff position ban but if the Pats are 15-0 they would have clinched everything. Would they bring Flutie back to do another dropkick?
    Well I had the team right but the wrong week. It just seemed like the Patriots were really flat and not into it last night. The Giants played well and seemed to want it more. The Patriots have seemed flat for the last few weeks for whatever reason but it was magnified last night. Earlier in the year they get one of those two picks on the last drive or Moss is able to fight for that last bomb. As a Patriots fan it was a nearly unwatchable game until the last few minutes because the offense was so ugly and Brady was awful by his standards. Alot of credit needs to go to the Giants defense for the pressure they were applying but ugh it was dull until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Well I had the team right but the wrong week. It just seemed like the Patriots were really flat and not into it last night. The Giants played well and seemed to want it more. The Patriots have seemed flat for the last few weeks for whatever reason but it was magnified last night. Earlier in the year they get one of those two picks on the last drive or Moss is able to fight for that last bomb. As a Patriots fan it was a nearly unwatchable game until the last few minutes because the offense was so ugly and Brady was awful by his standards. Alot of credit needs to go to the Giants defense for the pressure they were applying but ugh it was dull until the end.
    I think the whole undefeated thing became a big grind for them. I know as a fan, it starting feeling like one to me as early as the Colts game. I know a lot of Pats fans who felt like this was areally fun season right up until last night, but it never quite felt like fun to me after that. Right before the end, it occurred to me that, if they managed to pull it out, I'd feel more relieved than happy, and I just thought, it's just as well that another team's fans would get to feel really, really happy instead.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?