Worth The Wait

NFL Picks: Week Eight

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Last Week: 13-1
    Season: 68-35
    Record Picking Redskins Games: 4-2
    Against the Spread: 15-8-1
    Lock of the Week: 5-1

Last Week’s Pats: Where to start? 13-1 is pretty darn good. I am probably most proud of nailing the Bears over the Eagles (missed the final score by 1 point) and the Broncos over the Steelers. Also, I had another winning week against the spread.

Last Week’s Apologies: The stupid Raiders kept me from an undefeated week, so I guess I owe an apology to the Chiefs. Kansas City looks like a 4-5 win team to me, but here they sit at 4-3; credit Herm Edwards. I would also like to apologize to myself for picking the 49ers to cover the spread….again. Fool me once………

This Week’s Picks:

Detroit at Chicago: I thought the Bears got back on track in Green Bay, then they lost at home to Minnesota. Now, I think they’ve gotten back on track by winning a thriller in Philly. This time I’m right.

Bears 23, Lions 20

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: I’m having a hard time with this one. The Bengals have had some success in recent years against the Steelers and this is a must-win game for Cincinnati. However, Pittsburgh is clearly the better team. I see the Steelers finding a way this week.

Steelers 24, Bengals 20
    Indianapolis at Carolina: This is definitely a game Carolina could win, but I’m very leery when it comes to their current QB situation. The Colts defense is stout.

Colts 27, Panthers 17

Oakland at Tennessee: The Titans just keep gliding along, finding ways to win as Jeff Fisher almost always seems to do. I really want to pull the trigger and make this my upset special of the week, but that Raiders offense was abysmal last Sunday.

Titans 17, Raiders 13

Cleveland at St. Louis: So, I’ll save my upset special for this one. Yep, the Rams will get their first victory of the season this week.

Rams 26, Browns 23

New York Giants at Miami: “at Miami” is really accurate seeing the game is being played in London, but I’ll go by the book here. I am extremely impressed with the Giants over the past five weeks—that defense gets better and better each game. Miami is obviously horrible, but I do see them putting up a fight in front of an international audience.

Giants 28, Dolphins 20

Philadelphia at Minnesota: Not a huge fan of either of these teams right now. Philly looks old and tired, and Minnesota’s passing game may be the worst in the league. I do find it a bit odd that Philly is favored to win on the road here. Going with the home team to win an ugly one.

Vikings 19, Eagles 17

Buffalo at New York Jets: Go with the law of averages here. Jets win at home.

Jets 20, Bills 17

Houston at San Diego: The wildfires are keeping this game off the board in Vegas, and a change in venue could benefit the Texans. However, I think the Chargers are back in the groove and will win this game regardless of when and where it is played.

Chargers 30, Texans 17

Jacksonville at Tampa Bay: Did you see Quinn Gray play QB for the Jags the other night? Oh. My. God. He’s really bad.

Bucs 16, Jaguars 12

New Orleans at San Francisco: My gut tells me to go with the 49ers here, but SF has burned me all season long. Still not overly impressed with the Saints, but I’ll give them a slight benefit of the doubt in this one.

Saints 27, 49ers 23

Washington at New England: You heard it here first. The Redskins are going to shock the world on Sunday. The Patriots have yet to be tested by the likes of the Redskins secondary. The time has come for Tom Brady and his band of rollicking receivers to be brought back down to earth. It’s gonna happen folks, the upset of the year is on the horizon.

Patriots 34, Redskins 17

Green Bay at Denver: I was very confident Denver would beat Pittsburgh last week. Although I’m not quite as sure this week, I still like the Broncos to win a close one at home.

Broncos 23, Packers 21

4 To Score

1. Raiders (+7.5) against the Titans. Big spread for a team that doesn’t exactly blow teams away.
    2. Rams (+3) against the Browns. Yes, smart people always bet on winless teams.
    3. Vikings (+1) against the Eagles. Toss-up game, go with the home team.
    4. Redskins (+16.5) against the Patriots. Why not?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Re: NFL Picks: Week Eight

I've stunk in my office football pool this year, 15 college and 5 pro games per week. I'm trying a new strategy this week, I'm letting Ed be my guide. Going with Bears, Bucs, Steelers, Saints, and Broncos.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    I'm letting Ed be my guide.
    Famous last words......

Bengals have proven to be a streaky team in recent years, so they're now due to run off three or four wins in a row. Also, the Stealers haven't lost in Cincinnati since 2001 or 2002, I forget which. Either way, they're due a loss on their "home field" at PBS. Cincinnati wins this one.

Turn Off Ads?