Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

Steel is Ben's Mighty Mouse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ben Roethlisberger is the worst Ohioan in history, and I'll stand by that statement to my grave. His numbers look good now, but the more he plays, the more rapidly they'll go down.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger is the worst Ohioan in history, and I'll stand by that statement to my grave. His numbers look good now, but the more he plays, the more rapidly they'll go down.
    Yes, but he dates Natalie Gulbis and we don't.

Now, I really don't like him!!

I don't know if I could date someone who out drives me.

Then again, that would have severely limited my options.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Yes, but he dates Natalie Gulbis and we don't.
    He used to date Gulbis 2 years ago. He broke it off sometime late summer 2005. She actually found out he broke up with her watching ESPN. Real classy Ben. I got the inside scoop on all this since I caddied on the LPGA Tour in 2005. Natalie is actually very nice, one of the nicest girls out there.

I have a hard time with Big Ben since I went to Miami U. I used to root for him like crazy. Now, I hope he loses every game. Amazingly, my hatred for the Steelers easily outweighs the ties I have with him at Miami.

As for this game, I just hope the Bengals show and don't panic so it's a reasonably close game. The only chance they have of winning is they have to be +3 or more in the turnover department. Just like last year in Pittsburgh, the Steelers were turning it over right and left. Something similar to that will be needed for the Bengals to pull off the monumental upset.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I don't know if I could date someone as ugly as Natalie Gulbis. Her body is hot but she is freaky looking when you look at her face. And could she wear any more make-up? She might hit a long way as well but her swing is horrible. Worst one on the LPGA tour.

Don't get the "Ben is a system QB" comments. So isn't Carson Palmer. Could Palmer run the wishbone? What about the triple option? What about the run and shoot?

Just what are the systems that Ben would struggle with in the NFL? Give him some decent options to throw the ball to and protect him and he'll succeed.

It goes without saying if he was on a worse team his numbers might not be as good. But trade Cincy's recievers out for the Jaguars and how good is Carson Palmer?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

But trade Cincy's recievers out for the Jaguars and how good is Carson Palmer?
    Or put Big Ben on the Bengals and watch their receiving numbers not be as good.

Well you Bengal fans can be happy today. Your team sucks but your QB is better than the QB on the Steelers.

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Well you Bengal fans can be happy today. Your team sucks but your QB is better than the QB on the Steelers.

Congrats.

Congrats.
    First off, our team doesn't suck. I would put our offense against any in the NFL. Second our defense is still young. In a couple years, with some luck, this defense could be pretty good. I really hope that they can win some more games, and keep their momentum.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Your offense has scored 113 less points than the Patriots this season. That 113 points is more than 7 teams have scored.

The Bengals are haning with the Bills, Jets, 49ers and Vikings in the standings. If it walks like a duck ......

Been hearing the defense will be pretty good eventually argument since Marvin arrived. The Bengals are 10-12 in their last 22 games. What momentum is it that you are speaking of?

Must be nice to climb that mountain just so you can stand and pee on others.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

What mountain would that be GAC?

Just reacting to the "peeing" on Big Ben.

Your offense has scored 113 less points than the Patriots this season. That 113 points is more than 7 teams have scored.

The Bengals are haning with the Bills, Jets, 49ers and Vikings in the standings. If it walks like a duck ......

Been hearing the defense will be pretty good eventually argument since Marvin arrived. The Bengals are 10-12 in their last 22 games. What momentum is it that you are speaking of?
    The offense isn't scoring much because the defense can't stop anybody. The defense will give up 80 yard drives that eat up the time on the clock, which makes it nearly impossible for the offense to put up the same numbers as teams with good defenses.

The momentum I speak of was last week. We finally got that win we needed. All the players said that they just needed to win one game. They need to seize that momentum right now. I don't think it would be tough at all for this team to reach .500, or above. Take a look at their remaining schedule. The following are games I view as must win games:

Buffalo
    Arizona
    Tennessee
    St. Louis
    San Francisco
    Cleveland
    Miami

If my math is right, that would make us 9 and 7, which would set us up for the postseason.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

There is no denying that the offense is good. Very good in fact. But I can't help the fact that another team out there has scored over 100 more points.

If the defense is THAT bad that they solely responsible for a differential that big then they surely are bad enough to make the team as a whole stink. And I would think if you can point to the D as the reason the offense can't score as much as New England that you would realize it is going to take more than luck to fix it.

Getting back to Big Ben, Palmer has him trumped in one category this year, passing yards and Carson has thrown 60 more passes.

More talent in his pinky toe than Big Ben? What gives that impression? Is it Big Ben's better stats or his Super Bowl ring?
    Last edited by MaineRed; 10-27-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Turn Off Ads?