Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

Is it Big Ben's better stats or his Super Bowl ring?
    Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. He must be better then Carson Palmer, too.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Well you Bengal fans can be happy today. Your team sucks but your QB is better than the QB on the Steelers.

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Well if Dilfer had the same number of TDs, less picks, better rating, higher completion % and won more ball games, then yes, he would be having a better season.

Do you Bengal fans really think you'd be jealous of the Steelers if Palmer played over there while Ben was your QB and had won you a Super Bowl while Pitt was struggling along at 2-4? Do you think you would sit quietly when people said Big Ben was a system QB and that Palmer had more talent in his pinky than Big Ben?

I doubt it.

Why don't you go make your sig a little longer Wily Mo Doesn't Play Here Anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    No freaking doubt. Glad to see someone call him on it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

It is amazing the direction threads get taken in when people challenge some of the ridiculous things said on this board.

If you don't roll with the Bengals and Bearcats, don't share your opinion as it isn't welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    It is amazing the direction threads get taken in when people challenge some of the ridiculous things said on this board.

If you don't roll with the Bengals and Bearcats, don't share your opinion as it isn't welcome.
    I don't see anyone calling Steel a troll even though he's the biggest Steelers fan on the board (that I know of), wonder why that might be?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I don't think, nor am I calling you, a troll Maine - just think you're laying it on kind of thick, and doing more then just "sharing your opinion" (Hey Bengal fans - your team sucks!), for a guy who doesn't even have a dog in this fight (rivalry) being from Maine and a Patriot's fan, and just because a couple of Bengal fans don't care for the Steeler's QB. You do understand that this is a divisional rivalry and that there is no love lost between the fans of these two teams don't you?

So why do you care, or should it bother you, that Bengal and Steeler fans go after each other just prior to their game?
    Last edited by GAC; 10-27-2007 at 07:34 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Its always going to be Carson vs Ben, but the big difference between the two teams are the defenses.
    Last edited by CTA513; 10-27-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Is someone honestly making the argument that Ben Roesthlisberger is a better QB than Carson Palmer? Seriously?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Is someone honestly making the argument that Ben Roesthlisberger is a better QB than Carson Palmer? Seriously?
    Haven't seen anyone on this thread make that contention.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The Bengals will win tomorrow, I have inside information.

My oldest daughter's soccer team won two games today to make it to the finals of their SAY tournament tomorrow. That game is at 2:45 meaning that we'll miss the football game, one of only a handful that we've missed in the last 15 years or so.

With my mojo at it's usual low, it only follows that tomorrow will be the Bengals' breakthrough home win against the hated steelers.

I'm happy for my little girl, though. She is excited.

I'll DVR the game and watch it after the soccer game...in case you were really worried about me.

I'll now return you to your regularly scheduled argument.

The Bengals are going to lose by 30+ points. It will be ugly from the kick-off on.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    The Bengals will win tomorrow, I have inside information.

My oldest daughter's soccer team won two games today to make it to the finals of their SAY tournament tomorrow. That game is at 2:45 meaning that we'll miss the football game, one of only a handful that we've missed in the last 15 years or so.

With my mojo at it's usual low, it only follows that tomorrow will be the Bengals' breakthrough home win against the hated steelers.

I'm happy for my little girl, though. She is excited.

I'll DVR the game and watch it after the soccer game...in case you were really worried about me.

I'll now return you to your regularly scheduled argument.

Good thing I've got my bookie on speed dial!!

What is "SAY"? How old is your daughter and what position does she play?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    What is "SAY"? How old is your daughter and what position does she play?
    Soccer Association for Youth.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?