Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 197

Thread: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

  1. #76
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,244

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    I hate being a Bengals fan. Have some guts and go for it. It's this mincing, fraidy-cat style of play calling, that gets them in trouble. With the great big nothing of a defense they have, the offense has to play every game like they have to score TDs every drive. Field goals will not do it.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    34,854

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    No, its not the play calling that gets them in trouble, its the defenses inability to cover a reciever, or tackle a QB for a sack or a RB when they hit them.

  4. #78
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    ROTFLMAO!!!!!


    The good news is that I made sure I started both Big Ben and Willie Parker today in my fantasy league. I figured I would put up big points.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  5. #79
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I hate being a Bengals fan. Have some guts and go for it. It's this mincing, fraidy-cat style of play calling, that gets them in trouble. With the great big nothing of a defense they have, the offense has to play every game like they have to score TDs every drive. Field goals will not do it.
    "fraidy-cat"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #80
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, its not the play calling that gets them in trouble, its the defenses inability to cover a reciever, or tackle a QB for a sack or a RB when they hit them.
    Maybe they need to go practice with Ohio State and do some tackling drills???
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  7. #81
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,244

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, its not the play calling that gets them in trouble, its the defenses inability to cover a reciever, or tackle a QB for a sack or a RB when they hit them.
    That is true. I guess I should have said that the Offense needs to be more aggressive when they can't count on the D to stop anything. Now the Steelers can pretty much sit back and expect pass-pass-pass. They don't need to worry about the run anymore. If I were the Bengals, I wouldn't punt on the opponent's side of the field on fourth and 2 or less. Go for it because you need TDs.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  8. #82
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    That is true. I guess I should have said that the Offense needs to be more aggressive when they can't count on the D to stop anything. Now the Steelers can pretty much sit back and expect pass-pass-pass. They don't need to worry about the run anymore. If I were the Bengals, I wouldn't punt on the opponent's side of the field on fourth and 2 or less. Go for it because you need TDs.
    You've got to go for the gusto in that situation.

    It just makes Marvin look weak... like he has no clue what this team is really about. GO FOR IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  9. #83
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    34,854

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    I still cant believe the calls in this game. False start on the Steelers, not called. Dropped pass is reviewed, called a catch when it clearly wasnt. Intentional grounding not called because apparently a reciever was in the first row of the stands for the ball.

    I call these Steeler/Patriot rules, becuase the refs and the NFL want these teams to be successful and make sure it happens as much as possible.

  10. #84
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    I hear booing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  11. #85
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    I'd like to see the stats on the Bengals inability to stop opposing offenses on 3rd downs. They've got to be one of, if not the, worst in the league. So demoralizing...

  12. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    214

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I still cant believe the calls in this game. False start on the Steelers, not called. Dropped pass is reviewed, called a catch when it clearly wasnt. Intentional grounding not called because apparently a reciever was in the first row of the stands for the ball.

    I call these Steeler/Patriot rules, becuase the refs and the NFL want these teams to be successful and make sure it happens as much as possible.
    That pass to Holmes where it was reviewed should have never happened anyway, the play clock had already hit 0 but a flag was never thrown.
    Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

  13. #87
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I'd like to see the stats on the Bengals inability to stop opposing offenses on 3rd downs. They've got to be one of, if not the, worst in the league. So demoralizing...

    I'd go a step further and say in league history. I'm being completely serious when I say this is one of the worst defenses I have ever seen in the NFL.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  14. #88
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,321

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I still cant believe the calls in this game. False start on the Steelers, not called. Dropped pass is reviewed, called a catch when it clearly wasnt. Intentional grounding not called because apparently a reciever was in the first row of the stands for the ball.

    I call these Steeler/Patriot rules, becuase the refs and the NFL want these teams to be successful and make sure it happens as much as possible.
    Yeah. That Polamalu INT that was incorrectly ruled an incompletion was really helpful against Indy in the 2005 playoffs. The NFL wants the Steelers to win every game. That's why the Steelers have received more than a couple official letters of apology from the league over the last few years for officiating errors that resulted in dramatic negative impact to them.

    I know you're grumpy about how this game is unfolding (it ain't over by any means though), but get a grip.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  15. #89
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Yeah. That Polamalu INT that was incorrectly ruled an incompletion was really helpful against Indy in the 2005 playoffs. The NFL wants the Steelers to win every game. That's why the Steelers have received more than a couple official letters of apology from the league over the last few years for officiating errors that resulted in dramatic negative impact to them.

    I know you're grumpy about how this game is unfolding (it ain't over by any means though), but get a grip.
    C'mon steel, we're Bengals fans, we're allowed to be grumpy.

    I'm really getting to the point where the Bengals losing doesn't get me too upset any more... they're just too sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  16. #90
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,321

    Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    C'mon steel, we're Bengals fans, we're allowed to be grumpy.

    I'm really getting to the point where the Bengals losing doesn't get me too upset any more... they're just too sorry.
    I know, bud. But this game isn't over. The Steelers have been having some problems getting pressure on the QB and Palmer is a fine QB with a solid receiving corps. Last week, Pitt was down 21-7 at halftime and still came back to tie Denver before losing a heartbreaker. The Bengals were down 20-10 prior to dramatically outscoring the Jets in the 2nd half.

    Color me still very nervous.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25