Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

Re: Bengals v. Squealers err... Stealers... err... Steelers

I hate being a Bengals fan. Have some guts and go for it. It's this mincing, fraidy-cat style of play calling, that gets them in trouble. With the great big nothing of a defense they have, the offense has to play every game like they have to score TDs every drive. Field goals will not do it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

No, its not the play calling that gets them in trouble, its the defenses inability to cover a reciever, or tackle a QB for a sack or a RB when they hit them.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

The good news is that I made sure I started both Big Ben and Willie Parker today in my fantasy league. I figured I would put up big points.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I hate being a Bengals fan. Have some guts and go for it. It's this mincing, fraidy-cat style of play calling, that gets them in trouble. With the great big nothing of a defense they have, the offense has to play every game like they have to score TDs every drive. Field goals will not do it.
    "fraidy-cat"

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, its not the play calling that gets them in trouble, its the defenses inability to cover a reciever, or tackle a QB for a sack or a RB when they hit them.
    Maybe they need to go practice with Ohio State and do some tackling drills???

That is true. I guess I should have said that the Offense needs to be more aggressive when they can't count on the D to stop anything. Now the Steelers can pretty much sit back and expect pass-pass-pass. They don't need to worry about the run anymore. If I were the Bengals, I wouldn't punt on the opponent's side of the field on fourth and 2 or less. Go for it because you need TDs.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    That is true. I guess I should have said that the Offense needs to be more aggressive when they can't count on the D to stop anything. Now the Steelers can pretty much sit back and expect pass-pass-pass. They don't need to worry about the run anymore. If I were the Bengals, I wouldn't punt on the opponent's side of the field on fourth and 2 or less. Go for it because you need TDs.
    You've got to go for the gusto in that situation.

It just makes Marvin look weak... like he has no clue what this team is really about. GO FOR IT!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I still cant believe the calls in this game. False start on the Steelers, not called. Dropped pass is reviewed, called a catch when it clearly wasnt. Intentional grounding not called because apparently a reciever was in the first row of the stands for the ball.

I call these Steeler/Patriot rules, becuase the refs and the NFL want these teams to be successful and make sure it happens as much as possible.

I hear booing.

I'd like to see the stats on the Bengals inability to stop opposing offenses on 3rd downs. They've got to be one of, if not the, worst in the league. So demoralizing...

I still cant believe the calls in this game. False start on the Steelers, not called. Dropped pass is reviewed, called a catch when it clearly wasnt. Intentional grounding not called because apparently a reciever was in the first row of the stands for the ball.

I call these Steeler/Patriot rules, becuase the refs and the NFL want these teams to be successful and make sure it happens as much as possible.
    That pass to Holmes where it was reviewed should have never happened anyway, the play clock had already hit 0 but a flag was never thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I'd like to see the stats on the Bengals inability to stop opposing offenses on 3rd downs. They've got to be one of, if not the, worst in the league. So demoralizing...

I'd go a step further and say in league history. I'm being completely serious when I say this is one of the worst defenses I have ever seen in the NFL.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Yeah. That Polamalu INT that was incorrectly ruled an incompletion was really helpful against Indy in the 2005 playoffs. The NFL wants the Steelers to win every game. That's why the Steelers have received more than a couple official letters of apology from the league over the last few years for officiating errors that resulted in dramatic negative impact to them.

I know you're grumpy about how this game is unfolding (it ain't over by any means though), but get a grip.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Yeah. That Polamalu INT that was incorrectly ruled an incompletion was really helpful against Indy in the 2005 playoffs. The NFL wants the Steelers to win every game. That's why the Steelers have received more than a couple official letters of apology from the league over the last few years for officiating errors that resulted in dramatic negative impact to them.

I know you're grumpy about how this game is unfolding (it ain't over by any means though), but get a grip.
    C'mon steel, we're Bengals fans, we're allowed to be grumpy.

I'm really getting to the point where the Bengals losing doesn't get me too upset any more... they're just too sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    C'mon steel, we're Bengals fans, we're allowed to be grumpy.

I'm really getting to the point where the Bengals losing doesn't get me too upset any more... they're just too sorry.
    I know, bud. But this game isn't over. The Steelers have been having some problems getting pressure on the QB and Palmer is a fine QB with a solid receiving corps. Last week, Pitt was down 21-7 at halftime and still came back to tie Denver before losing a heartbreaker. The Bengals were down 20-10 prior to dramatically outscoring the Jets in the 2nd half.

Color me still very nervous.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?