Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would you have done this?

Would you have done this?

I was criticized by my buddy for doing this trade. I think I got the better side of the deal. What do you think?

I traded:

WR Vincent Jackson
    WR Greg Jennings
    RB Reggie Bush
    RB Laurence Maroney
    TE Heath Miller

I received:

WR Marvin Harrison
    RB Marion Barber
    WR Reggie Brown
    TE Greg Olsen

My team now:

QB: Jeff Garcia
    QB: Marc Bulger
    RB: Tomlinson
    RB: Marion Barber
    RB: Kevin Jones
    RB: Earnest Graham
    TE: Todd Heap
    TE: Greg Olsen
    WR:Anquan Boldin
    WR:Torry Holt
    WR:Marvin Harrison
    WR:Santonio Holmes
    WR:Santana Moss
    K: Josh Brown
    DEF:New England
    We'll win it all next year...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you have done this?

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    I was criticized by my buddy for doing this trade. I think I got the better side of the deal. What do you think?

I traded:

WR Vincent Jackson
    WR Greg Jennings
    RB Reggie Bush
    RB Laurence Maroney
    TE Heath Miller

I received:

WR Marvin Harrison
    RB Marion Barber
    WR Reggie Brown
    TE Greg Olsen

My team now:

QB: Jeff Garcia
    QB: Marc Bulger
    RB: Tomlinson
    RB: Marion Barber
    RB: Kevin Jones
    RB: Earnest Graham
    TE: Todd Heap
    TE: Greg Olsen
    WR:Anquan Boldin
    WR:Torry Holt
    WR:Marvin Harrison
    WR:Santonio Holmes
    WR:Santana Moss
    K: Josh Brown
    DEF:New England

It depends on how many RBs you start. Jennings and Jackson are WR3s at best, so getting Harrison for those 2 is good as long as he gets healthy.

Giving up Bush and Maroney for Barber, Olsen, and Brown is where you get the worst end of the deal. Unless Barber takes over full duty in Dallas, Bush/Maroney will out preform those 3 by a lot.

Not every trade someone makes has to be lopsided in your favor to be a beneficial trade.

You still have 1 stud RB, and 2 good RBs. You have 3 stud WRs. I think you should now try to flip your WR depth for an upgrade at QB. Garcia and Bulger are not going to win you any championships.

I would have done this trade. I am not a big Reggie Bush fan. I wouldn't want to get rid of Miller, but for what you got back it wasn't a bad move.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

i don't think you lost anywhere. Bush is overrated.

I think it's a great deal for you if Harrison gets back on the field. Olsen is becoming a bigger part of Chicago's offense every week. Barber does what Mulroney doesn't ... get in the end zone. Vincent Jackson's name is only popular among fantasy players who bought into the preseason hype. Now he's the #3 WR and the #5 option on the checkdown list for a team that doesn't throw all that often.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?