Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hot Stove League

Hot Stove League

This show is on WLW Wednesdays after World Series so if Rockies get swept will it be on the 31st?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Re: Hot Stove League

It could be but my guess would be for scheduling in advance purposes, they target the 1st wednesday after the scheduled end of a seven game series.

Thanks for finally being answered

I always love that show. It gives me my fix of baseball for a while. I can't last on the NFL and NBA. They just don't give me the same thrill.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Ditto!!! I love the Hot Stove League. Hopefully Nuxie will be able to participate on THSL.

I wish they would clear a solid block of time for HSL and not have it be subject to preemption for college basketball. Maybe this is something that might change if the Reds take back their own production.

With all the outlets Clear Channel controls in Cincy, I see no reason why they can't hold that hour open for the Reds on WLW on Wednesdays. The UC and Xaiver basketball are local interest programming and should do just fine on one of the other stations on Wednesday nites if it is known that on Wednesdays they will always be on the other station (the X folks already have to keep track of if they will be on 55WKRC or WLW depending on whether UC is playing on the same nite). Otherwise maybe move HSL to Tuedays because it seems there are very rarely college roundball games on Tuesdays as compared to Wednesdays.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I too am looking forward to the return of the "Hot Stove League"...in fact, I hope to try to fire up the old chat machine again during the broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio View Post
    I wish they would clear a solid block of time for HSL and not have it be subject to preemption for college basketball. Maybe this is something that might change if the Reds take back their own production.
    I agree...plus I hate that they have to break away for commercials and news updates seemingly every 90 seconds. A two hour program would be great!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Two hours would be stretching it. How many times can Richard from Indian Hills call in?

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

According to WLW's program schedule on their website, THSL is not scheduled to be broadcast tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    According to WLW's program schedule on their website, THSL is not scheduled to be broadcast tonight.
    Correct:

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/programming.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Just a reminder that this is on tonight.

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/programming.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I can't wait.

I saw on fantasy baseball Rotoworld that Mets & Indians GM's were talkin Tuesday possibley about Cliff Lee why can't Reds go after Lee?

Cliff Lee is not very good. The last two years, his DIPS ERA's have been 4.78 and 5.44 respectively. He is also a flyball pitcher, since his career GB/FB ratio is 0.74, and has given up 1.30 and 1.57 HR/9 in the last two years. In fact, Lee has really only had one good year, where in 2005, he had a 3.97 DIPS ERA. Other than that, he has been a very mediocre starter, one who is owed 10.5 million over the next two years. While that may be a relatively low contract, he is a pitcher that would get shelled at GABP, and therefore would not be someone the Reds should go after.

Turn Off Ads?