Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds pursuing Wood/Prior???

Reds pursuing Wood/Prior???

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseb...usty26.article

I didn't see this being discussed, but wouldn't be suprised if I missed it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Reds pursuing Wood/Prior???

I'd love to see Kerry Wood in the Reds bullpen

For the right amount of money I wouldn't mind seeing either one in a Reds uniform come Spring Training. I saw Wood pitch the last game of the season and he didn't look bad. Prior is still young enough and talented enought to take a flyer on and give him a year of rehab in the minors.

The thought of Wood and Burton in the bullpen makes me giddy already.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Incentive-laden deals anyone?

You guys may have to convince me that taking a chance on Wood would be a good thing. His ERA did take a turn for the better last year (3.33) so that's a little cause for hope and his K/BB ratio is pretty good. Still, I would consider it to be a gamble given his history.

Senor Votto

So I guess these guys aren't blaming Dusty for their injuries.

its not a risk if its an incentive laiden contract

I'd give both a look, if it's for a good price. Prior may be done though.

agree with everyone

for the right price ( incentive laden deals ) I would take both.

The Reds do have money to spend. Even if we keep Jr ( with Bruce in AAA ) the contracts of Lohse & Milton are off the books.

Id take Wood for sure. Its not my money

please no one bring up Dusty ruining Wood and Prior's arms again. Wood has arm surgery before Dusty was on the scene in Chicago and Prior messed up his shoulder running into Marcus Giles.

Someone already posted some of Prior's pitch counts under Dusty and they weren't pretty. I don't know enough about Dusty to judge him on that alone, but I would think he has become more aware of the effects of over work to a pitchers arm. I believe because of the fact he often gets lumped into the Wood and Prior discussion, he will learn from that experience and become a better manager overall.

sounds awesome, i could live with it!

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    Someone already posted some of Prior's pitch counts under Dusty and they weren't pretty. I don't know enough about Dusty to judge him on that alone, but I would think he has become more aware of the effects of over work to a pitchers arm. I believe because of the fact he often gets lumped into the Wood and Prior discussion, he will learn from that experience and become a better manager overall.
    I glanced back and looked at some of the pitch counts while Dusty was there and they were right in line with many of the upper tier starting pitchers in the league. If he gives Harrang the same pitch counts as he did Prior back then it would actually be a lighter work load than he has had the last couple of years. Those guys were already messed up due to mechanics, poor diognostics by the med staff in CHI, and not to mention I believe alot of Prior's problems came from freak accidents not throwing too many pitches. Zambrano threw more pitches than either one of those guys in the years in question, and so did G. Mad and both of those guys made it out of the Dusty tent alive. I say give the guy a break, he's our coach now and if you want a winning situation in Cinci lets embrace what he is capable of, WINNING!

Turn Off Ads?