Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 79

Thread: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

  1. #31
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,664

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Turn out the lights.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    Watching it live I didn't think it was a catch, but like you say I saw no video evidence to overturn a ruling of a catch.
    And in the end, we get the points back on the board anyway with a little less clock for them to work with.

  4. #33
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Chris Wells is freaking good and is only going to get better.

    BTW, I refus to call him "beanie." Where did that come from anyway?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  5. #34
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,521

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Chris Wells is freaking good and is only going to get better.

    BTW, I refus to call him "beanie." Where did that come from anyway?
    It is a nickname his brother gave him when they were kids.

  6. #35
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Chris Wells is freaking good and is only going to get better.

    BTW, I refus to call him "beanie." Where did that come from anyway?
    According to Chris...."I got the nickname because when I was a baby, I came out and my big brother said I had a bean head."

    http://www.chrisbeaniewells.com/Chri...Interviews.htm
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  7. #36
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Tennessee choked away a 21-0 lead vs the Gamecocks.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  8. #37
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    FWIW, my nickname as a baby was also beanie, or string bean. They were used interchangeably. Apparently, it had something to with how I looked. But they stopped calling me that when I was about 3 years old.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  9. #38
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    INT by OSU makes it 34-10
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  10. #39
    Member CrackerJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    5,000

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    OSU is very, very good.

  11. #40
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    FWIW, my nickname as a baby was also beanie, or string bean. They were used interchangeably. Apparently, it had something to with how I looked. But they stopped calling me that when I was about 3 years old.
    Mine was Sparky (there use to be a Sparky the Fire Dog), and my Mom still calls me that.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  12. #41
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    OSU is very, very good.
    I agree. But I still the masses will toot the "they haven't played anybody" horn. They've pretty much dominated everyone thay've played. And say what you want about Penn State, but it's not easy going into Happy Valley and winning, let alone pretty much having your way with them. This was a dominating performance. And while PSU isn't a great team because of their offense, their defense is really good, and the Buckeye offense ran all over them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  13. #42
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I agree. But I still the masses will toot the "they haven't played anybody" horn. They've pretty much dominated everyone thay've played. And say what you want about Penn State, but it's not easy going into Happy Valley and winning, let alone pretty much having your way with them. This was a dominating performance. And while PSU isn't a great team because of their offense, their defense is really good, and the Buckeye offense ran all over them.
    OSU gets all the right calls from the refs. :
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  14. #43
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Next up for OSU.... the 7-2 Badgers come to Columbus.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  15. #44
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,042

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I agree. But I still the masses will toot the "they haven't played anybody" horn. They've pretty much dominated everyone thay've played. And say what you want about Penn State, but it's not easy going into Happy Valley and winning, let alone pretty much having your way with them. This was a dominating performance. And while PSU isn't a great team because of their offense, their defense is really good, and the Buckeye offense ran all over them.
    I'd characterize OSU as deceptively good. They aren't flashy, but the similarities to the 2002 team are there. Also, they benefit from a down year in the Big 11. With all sorts of 1- and 2-loss teams out there, if they win out, it's BCS Championship time for the College of Columbus again.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  16. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    796

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I agree. But I still the masses will toot the "they haven't played anybody" horn. They've pretty much dominated everyone thay've played. And say what you want about Penn State, but it's not easy going into Happy Valley and winning, let alone pretty much having your way with them. This was a dominating performance. And while PSU isn't a great team because of their offense, their defense is really good, and the Buckeye offense ran all over them.
    Much like last year, the defense isn't 7 ppg/against good. . . On several occasions this year, they have managed to escape dangerous scoring threats by coming up with a good play at a clutch moment. Happened twice tonight. I imagine that those key plays won't come as easily against a good offense. It's a bend-not-break unit, one that will be exposed sooner or later.

    On offense, this team is much better than the 2002 squad. Boeckman still makes a few silly mistakes, but he has nice poise and generally gets the ball to the right guy. He has solid targets all over the field. Beanie Wells is great, although he looks injured every time he gets tackled. Maurice Wells is garbage, I like Saine much better as the second back.

    The good news is that this is the type of club that Tressel likes to coach. He loves to run the ball, kick field goals, and win close games. He never quite "got it" the past few years when his offense was loaded with weapons. This team strikes me as a better match between his coaching preferences and the guys he deploys.

    Hypothetical question: if OSU loses a game, could they still play for the title? Given the wackiness of 2007, I imagine that they could. Among the one-loss teams, I would say that only LSU and Oregon would have better claims on the title game at this point, and neither of those teams have cakewalks from here on out.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25