Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

I've been telling my friends for a couple of weeks now that other than Michigan, this game really scared me. For some reason PSU's offense always seems to play better against Ohio State than they normally do. And better than most other teams do. I don't know why, but they seem to.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

Are you a buckeye fan, MWM? I thought you were a Michigan man?

Buckeye fan first. Born and raised. But the University of Michigan has A LOT of my money. And, uh, my grad school diploma has the block M on it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Buckeye fan first. Born and raised. But the University of Michigan has A LOT of my money. And, uh, my grad school diploma has the block M on it.
    Gotcha!!

Got a buddy who went to grad school at Louisville... still manages to hate the school's athletics, though.

Penn State is decent, not great. I don't see them beating OSU. The only Big-10 team with a chance to beat OSU is Michigan, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Gotcha!!

Got a buddy who went to grad school at Louisville... still manages to hate the school's athletics, though.
    There's no way I could hate Michigan any more. I absolutely loved my two years in Ann Arbor. It's a wonderful place and a fantastic place to go to school as well. It's hard to harbor ill will when I have such a fondness for the University. Afterall, these are institutions of higher learning first and foremost. But I will say this: it has taken some of the joy out of being a Buckeye fan.

But I've been watching and following the Buckeyes since the 1984 season. Their Rose Bowl loss that year to USC was my first real sports heartbreak. I was too young to to be heartbroken by the 1982 Super Bowl.

There's no way I could hate Michigan any more. I absolutely loved my two years in Ann Arbor. It's a wonderful place and a fantastic place to go to school as well. It's hard to harbor ill will when I have such a fondness for the University. Afterall, these are institutions of higher learning first and foremost. But I will say this: it has taken some of the joy out of being a Buckeye fan.

But I've been watching and following the Buckeyes since the 1984 season. Their Rose Bowl loss that year to USC was my first real sports heartbreak. I was too young to to be heartbroken by the 1982 Super Bowl.
    That makes perfect sense.

It probably is easier to maintain hatred for Louisville athletics if you're a UK fan since you're still surrounded by bunches of UK fans and there's no real geographic separation.

PhotoShop can take care of that.

That first PSU TD seems to have woke this Buck defense up.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I like this Hartline kid.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hey OBM: What are your thoughts about USC and the way they played today?

Man that #40 is a hell of a linebacker. He looked more like a safety making that interception.

Rare mental mistake there by Boekman. He threw that into triple coverage.

Hate to give them momentum back when the Buckeyes had pretty much shut the crowd up completely.

Wow what was Boeckman thinking there?

I would've gone for it there on 4th and 2 on the OSU side of the field.

That was neat watching that old college footage of Paterno as a player.

Turn Off Ads?