Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 79

Thread: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

  1. #16
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That was neat watching that old college footage of Paterno as a player.
    He could move pretty well!

    That's funny they talked about him hitch-hiking when he first became an assistant coach...

    My grandfather is 87 years old and he has told me the story many times about how he hitchhiked from Kentucky up to NYC for the 1939 World's Fair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1939_Ne...d%27s_Fair). He told me about seeing a television for the first time... they were broadcasting the signal like fifty feet or something and people were absolutely floored!

    Amazing how the world has changed!
    Last edited by WMR; 10-27-2007 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Hey OBM: What are your thoughts about USC and the way they played today?
    I expected this. If you go back and read my posts from a few weeks ago I said that Oregon would probably destroy us. Their offense is explosive and running QB's always kill us. Oregon is the best team I have watched this season. They have been decimated by injures on offense (starting WR's Cameron Colvin and Brian Paysinger are out for seasonl along with stud RB Jeremiah Johnson) and yet they continue to score points. As for SC, the offense just isn't clicking. We still have injuries to key O-lineman and our WR's are young and drop a lot of passes, but the main problem has been the playcalling. What I wouldn't give to have Norm Chow back...IMO he'll be back in the Pac-10 next season...as UCLA's coach.

  4. #18
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Well - game 3 of the WS is over (as well as the series). So I can stay off that thread and concentrate on this one. This year's WS just didn't hold my interest or get me excited.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  5. #19
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,726

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Well - game 3 of the WS is over (as well as the series). So I can stay off that thread and concentrate on this one. This year's WS just didn't hold my interest or get me excited.
    You mean there is a baseball game on TV tonight?

    Happy with the 1st half. Especially after PSU's 1st drive. Still bothered by the "what if" from the bad pass from Boeckman. But up 10 points at half is good. Just hope the 1st drive of half #2 is not the same as the 1st drive of half #1 for PSU. Cannot let the crowd back in it.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Putzberger just needs to learn to 'Shut the ______ Up!'

    Rem

  7. #21
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Putzberger just needs to learn to 'Shut the ______ Up!'

    Rem
    Pair him with McCarver!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #22
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    If OSU puts point on the board in this drive I'd say that is it for PSU. PSU's offense has been non-existent since that 1st TD.

    And expect to see more of the Well's brothers in this 2nd half.

    I got a buddy at this game. He also ushers at all the OSU home games.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  9. #23
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,726

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Looked like a TD to me for Robiske. Of course I am biased...
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  10. #24
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    What a catch by Robiskie! A perfectly thrown pass!

    Refs gonna review it. Is it a TD?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  11. #25
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Oh wow... overturned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #26
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    I think that was a catch. I don't think there was nearly enough video evidence to overturn the call on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  13. #27
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,726

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Oh wow... overturned!
    Didn't look like overwhelming evidence to me (but I am an OSU fan!). Homer call?!? Oh well!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  14. #28
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Probably a good call by the review officials.

    But it just delays the inevitable.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  15. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    214

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I think that was a catch. I don't think there was nearly enough video evidence to overturn the call on the field.
    Watching it live I didn't think it was a catch, but like you say I saw no video evidence to overturn a ruling of a catch.
    Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

  16. #30
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Ohio State - Penn State Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Didn't look like overwhelming evidence to me (but I am an OSU fan!). Homer call?!? Oh well!
    I didn't see anything on any of the replays that could be called "conclusive evidence" contrary to the call that was made on the field... dunno... maybe some home cookin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25