Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Eric Bedard possibly on the trading block? Reds should make a offer!

Re: Eric Bedard possibly on the trading block? Reds should make a offer!

I think the only realistic deal between the Reds and the O's for Bedard is for Jay Bruce. Very similar to Beckett-Ramirez. Seeing as how that wouldn't fly with most of us, I think the discussion is moot.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

You know, I don't know enough about Bedard to say for sure since I have never seen him pitch, but if he is everything you guys say he is, I would deal Bruce for Bedard. It is far easier for us to find OFers than it is to find stud SP.

I am actually starting to think that Hamilton and Votto might get it done for Bedard, considering they are looking for "multiple position players" and a "stud OF bat." It does fit the criteria, and it would be a deal both sides would have to at least consider. Obviously if the Reds had to throw in a pitcher like a Maloney or a Wood to get the deal consummated, so be it.

The Reds could platoon Hatteberg and Cantu at 1B this year, while flanking Jay Bruce with Dunn and Griffey. Life could be worse. With a big three of Harang-Bedard-Arroyo would make me believe that a forecast for the Reds couldn't be much better.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?