Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A-Rod opts out

Re: A-Rod opts out

I think he plays in Boston next year.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Put your money on the Angels. Bill Stoneman is out as GM. Artie Moreno wants a World Series champion and needs a big bat to complement Guerrero. They don't have to give up any of their young talent, and they have a vacancy at third base.

Put your money on the Angels.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Boston?

I got them going after the Twins's Santana. They have a couple of holes in their rotation with Schilling not coming back.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Epstein put together a package of Coca Crisp, LHP Lester and RHP Declarmen for Santana.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

What is really sad is that with everyone expecting A-Rod to get $30 million per year you have to know that it is more like $35-$40 that will seal the deal. Think about what Texas did 7 years ago (I think it was 7). Now think what the deal could be when he is opting out of what still is by far the biggest contract in the history of the game. I could see this going over $320 million.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

JMO, but I think A-Rod wants to get as far away from the East Coast as possible.

The guy already makes $25M a year. He says he is looking for $30+M a year, but how many more summer homes and Lamborghinis does he need? It's not the money (although I'm sure they'll say it is).

I think he's just wants out of NY and the pressure cooker there. Boston would be the same way. The Red Sox are the new Yankees.

I still think A-Rod is a West Coast kind of guy and would be happier in LA or Anaheim.

Pay attention to the open sky

Nothing like announcing it as the Red Sox sweep and Lowell wins the MVP too....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I still think A-Rod is a West Coast kind of guy and would be happier in LA or Anaheim.
    Completely agree. He'll be playing in Pacific Time in no time at all.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Don't discount the Marlins. They tend to build, contend, and then sell off. Remember a few years ago when they though they had a team to win they signed Delgado (one of the top FA's on the market that year). It makes sense to me to see ARod playing in Miami. He has a home there, loves the hurricanes, the latin influence, and also the laid back nature of the Marlins baseball. Even if the marlins give him $30M/year it will only put their payroll in the range of the $60M's. This could be just like the Marlins always operate. They sign a star, hold him for two productive years, and the flip him for prospects and continue to rebuild.

I don't see the angles signing him because I don't know if he will play the type of ball demanded of the Angles players. If he goes to SF he will be in a situation similar to that of Texas. If Arod wants another record contract he will not go to a perenial playoff contender.

I think wherever Arod ends up he will be back at SS in 2008.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Classy:

A-Rod and Boras just don't get it.
    I think they very much do get it ... it is all about them.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

ARod is all about ARod - he'll go where the money is, winning be damned.

Watch for the Dodgers to make a big play. First for Torre, then for ARod.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Good for Boras and ARod. I really hope he doesn't get the amount that the Yankees reportedly offered him as an extension. But he probably will.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I'm guessing Angels. Vlad waning a little, no other big contracts.

I'm just hoping the Cubs don't make a run with the promise he can play SS.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Red Sox fan chants at Coors last night, when Theo Epstein was being interviewed: "Don't Want A-Rod" and "Re-sign Lowell".
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

So in all this hubbub about A-Rod leaving NY, no one has said who is going to replace him? If the Sox do sign him would the Yankees sign Lowell? Scott Rolen and LaRussa don't get along too well. Could Rolen be traded over to the Yankees?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?