Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeremy Jeffress is a fool

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Jeremy Jeffress is a fool

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Exactly... However him being a moron sure helped the Reds a ton. I'm not sure anyone can comprehend how good this Reds team can be with Hamilton, Bruce, and Dunn in the outfield. Wow!
    Right. Jeffress has a ton of talent in that arm of his. However, just like the rest of us, he has decisions to make that are going to play a large part of how his future is going to be spent. Right now, he is not making the right decisions that he needs to be making. While I think there is a large difference between what Jeffress was busted for and what Hamilton went through, illegal is illegal and against the rules is against the rules.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And at the end of the day, Josh Hamilton was a moron for the decisions he made for a nice chunk of his life.
    I agree to an extent, but drug addiction is a serious battle. Trying it the first time makes you a moron but getting addicted is a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by eichstadtreds View Post
    I agree to an extent, but drug addiction is a serious battle. Trying it the first time makes you a moron but getting addicted is a disease.
    I don't buy into marijuana being addictive. Never used it, but I know plenty of people who have and its not addictive to them. Crack on the other hand, is addictive. There is a large difference between the two things.

I don't buy into marijuana being addictive. Never used it, but I know plenty of people who have and its not addictive to them. Crack on the other hand, is addictive. There is a large difference between the two things.
    I believe all drugs are addictive rather it be marijuana or crack. You can become addicted to any substance. I believe a drug addict should be helped and not ridiculed. Myself or you not being addicted really dont know what either one went through and is going through. With all that being said I respect your opinion and love your site. It is a great place for reds minor league news.

I believe all drugs are addictive rather it be marijuana or crack. You can become addicted to any substance. I believe a drug addict should be helped and not ridiculed. Myself or you not being addicted really dont know what either one went through and is going through. With all that being said I respect your opinion and love your site. It is a great place for reds minor league news.
    My best friends sister is a crack addict. There is a large difference between someone addicted to that and someone who smokes pot. I had an uncle who died of an OD about 4 years ago from about everything under the sun.... I hope that some people don't ever have to deal with things like that in their life, but if anyone has ever been around the situation with someone on real drugs, there is a large difference between the addiction of marijuana and other 'drugs'.

My best friends sister is a crack addict. There is a large difference between someone addicted to that and someone who smokes pot. I had an uncle who died of an OD about 4 years ago from about everything under the sun.... I hope that some people don't ever have to deal with things like that in their life, but if anyone has ever been around the situation with someone on real drugs, there is a large difference between the addiction of marijuana and other 'drugs'.
    That we can agree on. The kid has a lot of talent, but im near his age and temptation is high. I would also venture to guess a kid with that much money and star power has a higher temptation because of the so called groupies. I don't know your age but peer pressure is tough at that age.

That we can agree on. The kid has a lot of talent, but im near his age and temptation is high. I would also venture to guess a kid with that much money and star power has a higher temptation because of the so called groupies. I don't know your age but peer pressure is tough at that age.
    I am 23.... so I have 4 years on him, not a whole lot really. Peer Pressure is only as tough as you make it.

Marijuana is addictive, but it is rare for it to be physically addictive in a way similar to crack. The question is why Jeffress continues to resort to marijuana--there is always a direct connection between anxiety and behavior like that.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Marijuana is addictive, but it is rare for it to be physically addictive in a way similar to crack. The question is why Jeffress continues to resort to marijuana--there is always a direct connection between anxiety and behavior like that.
    Smoking pot and anxiety? Smoking pot creates anxiety and paranoia sometimes. He might continue to resort to marijuana because he believes he can beat the system. He might resort to marijuana because he just doesn't care. Nobody knows. Anxiety or mental illness is not the reason most people smoke pot, IMO.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Look at Josh Hamilton, everyone loves him and I think everyone would agree Crack is a much bigger problem. Lets not throw a kid under the bus and call him a moron for a drug addiction. Lets hope he gets the proper help and then the Reds beat him around on the field.
    I love Josh Hamilton... I still think he is a moron for getting into drugs in the first place...

Drugs is a life style choice that can ruin all the gifts you received. You are going to have a hard time telling me not to think someone is a moron for getting mixed up in the first place. I hope Jefferess works it out, but for now, he has made some very ill advised decisons.

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh View Post
    I love Josh Hamilton... I still think he is a moron for getting into drugs in the first place...

Drugs is a life style choice that can ruin all the gifts you received. You are going to have a hard time telling me not to think someone is a moron for getting mixed up in the first place. I hope Jefferess works it out, but for now, he has made some very ill advised decisons.
    The world is full of drug addicts and not all our morons. Some good people get mixed up in the wrong things. It's not the life i have chosen, but everyone makes mistakes. Some mistakes are bigger than others. I'm not one too judge people because their is someone more imortant than me doing that.

Making the decision to do drugs, makes you a moron in my opinion. Its a bad decision on several levels. I get that people make mistakes, but I will be one to judge people based on the decisions that they make when it comes to choosing to use drugs.

Making the decision to do drugs, makes you a moron in my opinion. Its a bad decision on several levels. I get that people make mistakes, but I will be one to judge people based on the decisions that they make when it comes to choosing to use drugs.
    Thats the beauty about life we all have our own opinions. I don't agree all drug addicts are morons rather people who made the wrong choice. I can see nothing i say will change your opinion and nothing you say will change mine.

Turn Off Ads?