Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Jeffress is a fool

Jeremy Jeffress is a fool

Jeffress fails another drug test
    By Tom Haudricourt
    Monday, Oct 29 2007, 11:16 AM
    Denver - The Brewers won't confirm it on the record because it is a sensitive, internal issue, but apparently pitching prospect Jeremy Jeffress has failed another drug test.

Jeffress already is serving a 50-game suspension that carries well into the 2008 season for failing a drug test administered according to the Minor League Drug Treatment and Prevention program late in the '07 season. Players are suspended 50 games for a first offense, 100 games for a second and banned for life for a third failed test.

It was announced that Jeffress tested positive for a "drug of abuse." The specific drug was not identified by baseball but I've been told by people familiar with the situation that Jeffress has been caught using marijuana more than once.

The club-administered test that Jeffress failed during the fall instructional league program in Arizona does not fall under the auspices of the minor league drug program. Thus, it's up to the club to apply any disciplinary measures it feels is appropriate.

Asked about that situation Sunday before Game 4 of the World Series, Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said, "That's confidential."

Melvin did not deny that Jeffress failed a drug test. Instead, he said, "He is working with our EAP program."

The team's Employee Assistance Program is designed to help players with all sorts of problems, including drug use. Melvin said there had been no discussion yet as to whether the Brewers would add to the 50-game suspension already put into effect according to the minor league drug program.

Jeffress, 20, was the Brewers' first-round draft pick in 2006 out of high school in South Boston, Va. With a fastball that often approached 100 mph, he performed well at low Class A West Virginia this year, going 9-5 with a 3.13 ERA, with 95 strikeouts in 86 1/3 innings.

Because of Jeffress' apparent marijuana problem, his future with the Brewers remains clouded. He obviously is a very talented player with a high ceiling. But he has to decide if he wants to smoke pot or play baseball. You can't do both.
    Love the bold print...wonder if that was a Freudian slip.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/ar...drug-test.aspx
    Last edited by edabbs44; 10-29-2007 at 03:22 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Jeremy Jeffress is a fool

Wow. What a moron.

He needs to learn from Ricky Williams. Make your millions and then choose pot over your career.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

linkage please?

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    linkage please?
    My bad...post has been edited with link.

I just read somewhere else that since the test was administered by the Brewers, and not by MLB, that he is not looking at a 100 game suspension by MLB. Not sure the validity of that, but I am puting it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    My bad...post has been edited with link.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I just read somewhere else that since the test was administered by the Brewers, and not by MLB, that he is not looking at a 100 game suspension by MLB. Not sure the validity of that, but I am puting it out there.
    Looks like it is valid, but it makes him no less of a dunce.

From rotoworld:

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 2006 first-round pick Jeremy Jeffress failed a team-administered drug test, meaning he's not subject to a league suspension.

Let's trade Castro for him.

what do they test? is it a UA or hair? I mean, if athletes can hide the steroids & HGH you would think they could hide the THC.

At first, I thought this thread was going to be about a Reds prospect, Raymond Jeffords, because he threw 27 BBs in 23.2 IP. I think that's better control than Josh Ravin's, but I digress (too much).

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    At first, I thought this thread was going to be about a Reds prospect, Raymond Jeffords, because he threw 27 BBs in 23.2 IP. I think that's better control than Josh Ravin's, but I digress (too much).
    I am really interested to see how Ravin pitches next year. His control went from iffy last year to downright horrible this year.

Wow. What a moron.
    Look at Josh Hamilton, everyone loves him and I think everyone would agree Crack is a much bigger problem. Lets not throw a kid under the bus and call him a moron for a drug addiction. Lets hope he gets the proper help and then the Reds beat him around on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by eichstadtreds View Post
    Look at Josh Hamilton, everyone loves him and I think everyone would agree Crack is a much bigger problem. Lets not throw a kid under the bus and call him a moron for a drug addiction. Lets hope he gets the proper help and then the Reds beat him around on the field.
    And at the end of the day, Josh Hamilton was a moron for the decisions he made for a nice chunk of his life.

And at the end of the day, Josh Hamilton was a moron for the decisions he made for a nice chunk of his life.

Exactly... However him being a moron sure helped the Reds a ton. I'm not sure anyone can comprehend how good this Reds team can be with Hamilton, Bruce, and Dunn in the outfield. Wow!
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?