Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Antonetti New Cards GM...or not

One Man Army

Rumor: Antonetti New Cards GM...or not

Via Bernie Miklasz out of St. Louis.

Link

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rumor: Antonetti New Cards GM

See, this is why St. Louis is such a great organization. They just do things right there.

Oh what it must be like to have one well run organization in the Queen City.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Damn it. How come the Reds can never get a guy like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Damn it. How come the Reds can never get a guy like that?
    they could have. They wanted Krivsky. I think Jocketty was a great GM, but St. Louis has as organization that recognizes that times are changing and they better change with it. So they go out and get probably the best GM candidate out there prepared to be a GM in modern day baseball. The Reds are more interested in moving backwards in time instead of forward. I've always been envious of the Cardinals organization and not I'm even moreso.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    See, this is why St. Louis is such a great organization. They just do things right there.

Oh what it must be like to have one well run organization in the Queen City.
    You know MWM, I just got back from Cleveland and I really have to laugh because everyone I talked to there thinks Shapiro is a moron because he let Brandon Phillips go for nothing. Sometimes I wonder if any fan is truly happy with their teams management.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

If I remember correctly the Reds also asked to interview Antonelli and he turned them down.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    You know MWM, I just got back from Cleveland and I really have to laugh because everyone I talked to there thinks Shapiro is a moron because he let Brandon Phillips go for nothing. Sometimes I wonder if any fan is truly happy with their teams management.
    Well, there are idiots anywhere you go. I wouldn't know what to say to a fan who thinks Shapiro hasn't worked wonders in Cleveland. BP was never going to thrive in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    they could have. They wanted Krivsky. I think Jocketty was a great GM, but St. Louis has as organization that recognizes that times are changing and they better change with it. So they go out and get probably the best GM candidate out there prepared to be a GM in modern day baseball. The Reds are more interested in moving backwards in time instead of forward. I've always been envious of the Cardinals organization and not I'm even moreso.
    For a second, I thought Falls City Beer wrote that.

But in all seriousness, this is a wonderful move by the Cards. They "get it". The Reds wish it was still 1976.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

If I remember correctly the Reds also asked to interview Antonelli and he turned them down.
    Yep, can't fault an organization for getting rejected before they could make an offer.

Honsetly, and I'm not trying to be a downer here, but that almost makes my opinion of him go up. He was waiting for the right job to open up and I think he knew Cincy wasn't the type of organization at the top who knew what it took to succeed in the 21st century in MLB. I think he probably accurately sniffed out the Reds as an organization.

These types of decisions are why the Cardinals never o through prolonged periods of losing. They "get it."

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yep, can't fault an organization for getting rejected before they could make an offer.
    True.

Could also be a sign of how the Reds a perceived in some circles.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Is it 1976 yet?

Ahh..paint beat me to it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That depends on his reasoning for turning them down. It's not a good sign when a erfectly qualified candidate isn't interested in one of only 30 jobs in the world like it, when they aren't open very often.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    True.

Exactamundo!!!!!!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Man Pills

That's what I heard. I think Antonetti realized that the culture in Cincy would be inimical to his working habits.

Turn Off Ads?