Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 Interleague

08 Interleague

Who do we have next year other than Cleveland? Is it the AL East?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 08 Interleague

Here is the tentative home schedule:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/sched...=cin&year=2008
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Red Sox Nation is coming to Cincy in June, huh? Brace yourselves.

timbok

Its always sucks to face the aleast

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Red Sox Nation is coming to Cincy in June, huh? Brace yourselves.
    So What! Cub Nation come to the Nati to see the Cubs. Nobody seems to want to do a darn thing about that, so deal with it!

Believe the other two teams (i.e. the road schedule) are the Bronx Bombers (haven't seen the dates) and the Toronto BlueJays (June 24-26).

I can't wait for the Yankees series. That will be cool in the last year of Yankee stadium.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I love that we dont get to play Tampa but the Cubs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I love that we dont get to play Tampa but the Cubs do.
    Interleague makes for very unfair imbalances. In addition to playing all the hard AL East teams (which not all NL Central teams will do), we will play Cleveland 6 games when they are one of the best teams in the game. The Cardinals will play the Royals. The Cubs will play the White Sox. It's bad enough that teams with whom we compete for the wild card play wildly different schedules but you would at least hope that within the division the playing field was level. It's not. The biggest reason interleague sucks.

I believe it is a rotating system, and we play different divisions in interleague different years. This year we got the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I believe it is a rotating system, and we play different divisions in interleague different years. This year we got the AL East.
    I don't know if your post was in response to mine immediately above or not. I will then simply point out that designated rival games do not rotate and not everyone in the same division rotates in the same manner.

It was. It is true that each team has designated rival games , such as Cincinnati and Cleveland or Chicago Cubs vs. Chicago White Sox, but I thought each team in each division played a different division each year in interleague.

It was. It is true that each team has designated rival games , such as Cincinnati and Cleveland or Chicago Cubs vs. Chicago White Sox, but I thought each team in each division played a different division each year in interleague.
    each division plays another division

Yes, but you don't play exactly the other teams as the other teams in your division. In fact, not even close to it.

For example, last year the Reds played:

Cleveland (6 games)
    Texas
    LAA
    Seattle
    Oakland

The Cubs played:
    White Sox (6 games)
    Seattle
    Texas

(They only played 12 interleague games while the Reds played 18- this is screwier than I thought).

The Cards played:
    LAA
    KC (6 games)
    Oakland
    Detroit

(So, in the year when the NL Central is playing the AL West the Cards played 9 games against the AL Central and just 6 against the West).

This is totally messed up. Why should we competing against teams that are playing wildly different schedules?

Usually the smallest market, or the team most in need of cash flow gets the biggest draws from the other league. When GAB starts selling out then the Red Sox (or whomever) won't go to Cincy. It sucks, but it is a way for the Reds to get some revenue from the draw....

Turn Off Ads?