Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mike Cameron suspended 25 games

Mike Cameron suspended 25 games

Cameron suspended

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Mike Cameron, who finished the 2007 season as a member of the San Diego Padres, has received a 25-game suspension for testing positive for a banned stimulant in violation of Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

The suspension of Cameron, who is currently eligible to file for free agency, will be effective at the start of the 2008 regular season.

I wonder how this will affect his becoming a free agent.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 10-31-2007 at 12:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mike Cameron suspended 25 games

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I wonder how this will affect his becoming a free agent.
    Bargin Basement.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Bargin Basement.
    Buy one get one free.

I don't think it will have much impact at all. Last year the Mets signed Guillermo Mota. He was suspended for the first 50 games. The Mets had to play the first 50 games one man short. The Mets can't blame their not making the play-off to the first 50 games. Some teams may backoff signing Cameron, but he will still get a very good contract.

Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    I don't think it will have much impact at all. Last year the Mets signed Guillermo Mota. He was suspended for the first 50 games. The Mets had to play the first 50 games one man short. The Mets can't blame their not making the play-off to the first 50 games. Some teams may backoff signing Cameron, but he will still get a very good contract.
    In fact, he may come at a deal. Any deal will be pro-rated by 50 games. If nothing else, this brings more teams into the picture to sign him since his '08 salary is 33% less right off the top.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    In fact, he may come at a deal. Any deal will be pro-rated by 50 games. If nothing else, this brings more teams into the picture to sign him since his '08 salary is 33% less right off the top.
    The suspension is only for 25 games, which would be 15% of the regular season.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Trade Griffey, sign Cameron to one year discount price deal! Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    The suspension is only for 25 games, which would be 15% of the regular season.
    Thanks, I can't read. Still 15% 8+ million dollars is a lot of money, for some teams. That's the point I was trying to make.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?