Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 88 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1320

Thread: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

  1. #1
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    All I have to say is wow.

    Kentucky wins 99-64 in Gillispie's first game. Meeks scores 34 points on 7 of 9 from 3. Patterson's debut has 21 points and nine rebounds.

    I know its Pikeville college, but from what I have read, Kentucky really came out on a mission tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    All I have to say is wow.

    Kentucky wins 99-64 in Gillispie's first game. Meeks scores 34 points on 7 of 9 from 3. Patterson's debut has 21 points and nine rebounds.

    I know its Pikeville college, but from what I have read, Kentucky really came out on a mission tonight.
    Patterson is going to be the real thing and I feel like Meeks will be the go-to guy(should have been last season).
    Ky really pushed the ball well tonight looking for outlets and breaking the press with fastbreaks. Hopefully they can do that when it starts for real.
    As I said, Meeks/Patterson will be steady, the question is "if" they can have the supporting cast. In other words, other than the guys some project as our starting five (Patterson,Meeks,Bradly,Crawford, and Stevenson),we got 5 points and 3 of those on a three with a few seconds left.
    Last edited by jmac; 11-01-2007 at 12:08 AM.

  4. #3
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    An exciting UK team is just what the doctor ordered with the Bengals stinking up the joint and the Reds off for 5 months. I can't wait to watch them play.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  5. #4
    The Latin Heartthrob Javy Pornstache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    629

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    This game is allegedly on FSN at 7pm tonight (Thursday), by the way, UK fans. I say "allegedly". I've noticed over the years they are often listed, but something more important, such as international championship darts, or bratwurst eating, often preempts UK bball from the Big Blue Network feed onto FSN.

  6. #5
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Javy Pornstache View Post
    This game is allegedly on FSN at 7pm tonight (Thursday), by the way, UK fans. I say "allegedly". I've noticed over the years they are often listed, but something more important, such as international championship darts, or bratwurst eating, often preempts UK bball from the Big Blue Network feed onto FSN.
    Not to mention the dreaded blackout. I have my DVR set but I'm not optimistic about seeing it. These black outs are put on at the last minute sometimes.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  7. #6
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Meeks was ON FIRE last night from 3 point range (saw the highlights on SC). He made one three that was at least six feet behind the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #7
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    I honestly look for this to be Meeks last year at Kentucky. He will have a breakout year and will be a top ten pick on the NBA radar.

    Also, Chris Singleton, a top UK recruit, is down to Kentucky and Florida State and will announce November 14th his college choice. He is a 6'8 SF/PF with good three point range and is ranked 27th by Scout. This will give Kentucky three SF's if you include Liggins(who is more of a point forward), and Darius Miller.

    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=2492987
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  9. #8
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I honestly look for this to be Meeks last year at Kentucky. He will have a breakout year and will be a top ten pick on the NBA radar.

    Also, Chris Singleton, a top UK recruit, is down to Kentucky and Florida State and will announce November 14th his college choice. He is a 6'8 SF/PF with good three point range and is ranked 27th by Scout.

    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=2492987
    Really.

    I saw him as a 3 year player at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  10. #9
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Really.

    I saw him as a 3 year player at least.
    Meeks really came on toward the end of last season. I can also see him coming out if he has the year under Gillispie most think he will.

  11. #10
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Meeks really came on toward the end of last season. I can also see him coming out if he has the year under Gillispie most think he will.
    Lead us to the Final Four, Jodie, and I'll drive you to NYC for the draft myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #11
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Would this be a good thread to mention Tubby Smith won his debut with Minnesota last night?

  13. #12
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Would this be a good thread to mention Tubby Smith won his debut with Minnesota last night?
    Did they play well defensively, that is the question.

  14. #13
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Would this be a good thread to mention Tubby Smith won his debut with Minnesota last night?
    Did they do a good job listlessly passing the ball around the top of the key, wasting the entire shot-clock, and then throwing it down low to the block for a shot attempt?

    Man I miss Tubby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  15. #14
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Did they do a good job listlessly passing the ball around the top of the key, wasting the entire shot-clock, and then throwing it down low to the block for a shot attempt?

    Man I miss Tubby.
    They won easily. That's all that matters.

  16. #15
    The Latin Heartthrob Javy Pornstache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    629

    Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Did they do a good job listlessly passing the ball around the top of the key, wasting the entire shot-clock, and then throwing it down low to the block for a shot attempt?

    Man I miss Tubby.
    No need to worry, WMR, plowhorse basketball will be alive and well in Minnesota this year. Subscribe to the Big Ten Network, and you'll see a whole bunch of it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25