Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

MAN!! Some former University of Kentucky youngsters came CORRECT in the Association last night. Rondo was GREAT for the Celtics and AZABUUUUIKE dropped 33!

2. Turn Off Ads?

First time I'm watching the Cats live this season...

I must admit, it is a bit strange seeing someone other than the Tubster prowling the sidelines.

Patrick Patterson is a BEAST.

OH MY GOD!!!!!

A FAST BREAK?!?!?!?

Haven't seen one of those in a while.

Awww!

They just interviewed one of the Fiddlin' Five, Vernon Hatton, who won the National Championship over Seattle in 1958. 11 out of the 12 players on that team were Kentuckians. Amazing.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-04-2007 at 12:50 AM.

What impresses me with Gillispie is that he doesn't cut corners. If a player doesn't hustle, he rides the bench. This is pretty evident when Joe Crawford, who was Kentucky's leading scorer last year, has been pulled twice and ripped in the papers by Gillispie for not hustling on defense. Ramel Bradley and Jodie Meeks both were pulled as well for the same thing.

Oh yeah, the fast break is nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yep. No sacred cows. NONE.

Billy clearly has no problem sitting YOU, no matter who you might think YOU are, right next to him on the bench if you are not following the "game plan."

You can tell, he has told those boys, as soon as you get the ball, I want you looking for the man further down the court than you are and I want you attacking the rim. Man I love it. That's what Kentucky basketball is supposed to be about.

Patrick Patterson is AMAZING. He runs the floor like a 3 but he can play like a 5 when he needs to.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Patrick Patterson is AMAZING. He runs the floor like a 3 but he can play like a 5 when he needs to.
    Probably will not be at UK very long. I would like to think at least 2 seasons but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Probably will not be at UK very long. I would like to think at least 2 seasons but ya never know.
    Yeah, but that's okay. As a general rule, about the only way to keep them around four years anymore is to not get the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Yeah, but that's okay. As a general rule, about the only way to keep them around four years anymore is to not get the best players.
    The Tubby Smith rule, or better known as the academic projects.

Gerald Fitch and Chuck Hayes were both good college players, but neither would qualify as NBA material if they had come out early.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Yep, like it or not, that is the world that we live in today as far as constructing a dominant program in college basketball.

Get the absolute best players in the country and hope that they'll stick around for two. If you get three, count yourself particularly blessed.

BG will have no problem bringing in the best players each year, so its not that big of a deal really.

How much truth is there to the rumors of Billy 'getting around' Lexington? Is it going to be a problem, or is it just idle speculation and no big deal really?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Haven't heard those rumors. He is a single guy though, so more power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    How much truth is there to the rumors of Billy 'getting around' Lexington? Is it going to be a problem, or is it just idle speculation and no big deal really?
    I posted this somewhere else. He was called into the President's office in September and was reminded he was the "face" of the University and he cannot go anywhere that he is not recognized. I know this from someone who knows The AD personally and is a BIG alumni guy and former player for Joe B Hall.

The rumors have pretty much stopped since then. He is a single guy. Women are falling all over themselves for him. It must be a big adjustment. Let's face it, In Texas, he was not that big off a deal at a "football" school. In Kentucky, he is the most sought after bachlor in the state. I am hoping that now that the season has started, he is all business.

I have been to both pre-season games. They are not that deep. We have no true center. We will have a decent year and be a lot of fun to watch. Teams will force us to beat them on the inside which is our weekness. We must get a LOT of points on the fast break to beat good teams, because our half court offense is lacking inside play.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Turn Off Ads?