Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

Re: The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I don't really follow basketball that much but is it just me or does Kentucky lose a "Shocking" game in the 1st week or 2 of the season and then only lose once or twice the rest of the season every year?
    It happens to a lot of good teams in the early going, not just UK. Teams haven't jelled, etc. Yeah, it sucks for UK fans, but really, it may not mean a thing in February.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was just licking my wounds from the Basketball buckeyes being beat by Findlay...then I saw UK's score...OUCH!!!!

Of course The Buckeyes have all new starters...and UK has a new coach so both losses could be chalked up to putting into practice what has been being taught in the gym.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

If you guys think Tubby would have landed Patterson, then you are CRAZY. He was on the list, but he was almost guaranteed to go to Florida/Duke before BG.

We were on the list because we have a well known basketball school near WV, and he liked Rupp Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    I don't really follow basketball that much but is it just me or does Kentucky lose a "Shocking" game in the 1st week or 2 of the season and then only lose once or twice the rest of the season every year?
    In recent seasons, they've lost a shocking game in the first week or two of the season and then lost 11 or 12 times the rest of the season.

The reason Tubby left was due to a lack of recruiting success. I don't think anyone ever really complained about his ability to prepare and coach a team.

Until Billy can transition the team to his type of players there are going to be bumps along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    In recent seasons, they've lost a shocking game in the first week or two of the season and then lost 11 or 12 times the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    If you guys think Tubby would have landed Patterson, then you are CRAZY. He was on the list, but he was almost guaranteed to go to Florida/Duke before BG.

We were on the list because we have a well known basketball school near WV, and he liked Rupp Arena.
    Then there was a lot of crazy people out there. Many scouting services had him pegged for UK before Tubby left.

Florida was the expected front runner.

He wasn't "pegged" for anywhere, he never listed his #1. As for Lucas, he stated that he wanted to follow Patterson, but he committed too early and picked Florida (where he thought PP would go)

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    The reason Tubby left was due to a lack of recruiting success. I don't think anyone ever really complained about his ability to prepare and coach a team.
    Not sure I can agree with that. Tubbster outrecruited Kevin Stallings but couldn't find a way to beat the Dores the last couple years.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It happens to a lot of good teams in the early going, not just UK. Teams haven't jelled, etc. Yeah, it sucks for UK fans, but really, it may not mean a thing in February.
    I am not worried. From where I stand, all that matters is three weeks in March.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I have a feelin the football cats may spend more weeks in the top 25 this season than the basketball cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    What I like is that there is two weeks before Kentucky plays again. Plenty of time for Billy Clyde to run them to death before they take the hardwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

I am not worried but realistic.Billy G will get the most out of them he can but he just doesnt have a lot to work with, "yet" !
    One good thing is Meeks will come around (you got to think so anyway) and Legion has a nice shot. Patterson is a gem. Crawford/Bradley will have their good spurts as well as spending bench time for lack of defense/concentration/leadership etc.
    The cats schedule has several "wins" but problem is, last night was supposed to be one.

I think Patterson's going to be great. I (and most down here) was sure he was heading to UF.

Considering the type of season UK is expected to have (average at best), losses to Gardner Webb on the resume can keep you out of the big show in March.

Turn Off Ads?