Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice....

Need some advice....

I saw a beer helmet (the kind that you can drink two beers at once; one on each side), but the wife denied me, so I have decided to make my own.

Basically I need a helmet, plastic tubing (w/ t joint), zip ties, some sort of drink clip, two koozies, and some ice packs.

I'm looking to make each from scratch somehow or a really cheap route.

For example, the ice packs are going to be made with plastic baggies filled w/ 3:1 ratio of water and rubbing alcohol.

I want to make my own koozie, but I'm not really sure how to go about that, or what to make it out of?? Ideas?

Finally, where would I find a cheap helmet? I was thinking of maybe an army helmet would be the cheapest route, but I'm not sure. Nothing too crazy, but it needs to be a little sturdy. I had thought maybe I could glue some beer case cardboard around it to give it a beer drinking look.

Any ideas, suggestions, tips?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need some advice....

Best "need advice" thread ever!

Go to local estate sales and try to find a fireman's hat. Or just buy one on eBay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...met&category0=

A spiked kaiser helmet would be cool, too, but I doubt you could find one cheap.

You should be able to make the koozies our of some sort of foam rubber insulation from the local hardware store.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Thanks, rubber foam insulation is a good idea. I will look for some of that.

As far as ebay goes, I think I'm going to have a little get-together Friday and I was wanting it for that. Good idea for a future beer helmet though.

How cool would a viking beer helmet be? Flava Flav style hat... lol

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Dude, If you need permission from the wife to buy a beer helmet, I'd suggest either changing the "rules" or changing the wife.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Thanks, rubber foam insulation is a good idea. I will look for some of that.
    I'm thinking of the kind of stuff builders would use to insulate pipes and such. If you can't find it at a hardware store or Home Depot, try a lumber yard.

As far as ebay goes, I think I'm going to have a little get-together Friday and I was wanting it for that. Good idea for a future beer helmet though.
    You might be able to find something at a DAV or Salvation Army store. If not, you could look for an OSHA-approved hardhat while you're getting your foam insulation.

How cool would a viking beer helmet be? Flava Flav style hat... lol
    Extremely cool.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

You know, this here googles and intrawebs stuff is kinda amazing sometimes....

http://www.instructables.com/id/Beer...---Army-Style/
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I happen to like my wife so I think I will keep her around She was griping about the price (as would I if it were something she wanted), so I just dropped it to avoid any arguments.

I happen to like my wife so I think I will keep her around She was griping about the price (as would I if it were something she wanted), so I just dropped it to avoid any arguments.

Here's some advice: Grow a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

A word from the whipped: Don't worry about the beer helmets. Other than having the ability to drink beer without using your hands, you or your wife don't gain anything. I guess it depends what you are using your hands for . Plus you will probably be throwing it away in the move to your next place anyway.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Ha ha. You'll probably waste way more time building your own than it would have cost to just go out and buy one. That'll show her.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I know you guys were mostly kidding, but I'm gonna defend TeamSelig on this one.

When I'm tempted to buy something frivolous, I can do it without permission from the wife, and she'd never chew me out for it. However, there's always the chance she will use that as justification to buy something for herself that she might not have otherwise. So, that $25 widget would end up costing us $50-60 if she follows my example.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I know you guys were mostly kidding, but I'm gonna defend TeamSelig on this one.

When I'm tempted to buy something frivolous, I can do it without permission from the wife, and she'd never chew me out for it. However, there's always the chance she will use that as justification to buy something for herself that she might not have otherwise. So, that $25 widget would end up costing us $50-60 if she follows my example.
    Ding Ding Ding! You couldn't be more right, and men do it too! I do those types of revenge buys from time to time.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

My father used to work construction and I think he had half a dozen hard hats...I would think that if you knew someone in construction and explained your problem to them, they might give you a spare hard hat. Heck, they probably could locate some leftover insulation in the dumpster at the job site for your koozies. Of course, you'd have to put up with them laughing that your wife won't let you buy a beer helmet, so the cost might be too high.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Hate to break it to you but the "price" excuse was just a cover for "I can't believe you would wear that in front of other people." She was just being nice and avoiding an argument herself.

Does she know you are building one? If not I'd be curious what her face looks like when you break the news to her.

And does she know you plan on wearing this to a non halloween costure party gathering?

You like her. If you want her to keep liking you, I'd tread lightly with this beer helmet business or anything closely related to such activities.

Are you insinuating that a beer helmet is not cool? Beer helmet being cool should be a Man Law, and honestly you should have yours revoked for thinking that.

Also, with all these cheap shots, I'm half tempted to just go buy one and upload a picture to prove it so all this heat on me goes away. For a little justification... the thing was like 20-30 bucks, which was a little too much for me to pay anyway. And I sealed my fate when I muttered 'hey if that is 15 or under i'm getting it'

Turn Off Ads?