Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guardado Files For Free Agency...

Guardado Files For Free Agency...

Reds.com reporting that Guardado filed for free agency.

How was him and his agent surprised that the reds didn't pick up the option?and talked about signing him being tougher when other teams get involved. If they were going to be like that, i wouldn't even bother to negotiate with them.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    Last edited by mroby85; 11-01-2007 at 11:25 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Guardado Files For Free Agency...

Well, I'm already enjoying the way this off-season is shaping up: keeping the good players, removing the lesser ones. Hopefully Dusty (who I've been starting to warm up to) will have a much improved squad to work with next year.

I agree. Forget about Guardado...he's done. :thumbdown

Guardado showed some promise near the end of last year, but not enough for the Reds to pick up the option. I don't think the Reds will get in a bidding war to re-sign him at his age, however. The Reds do have exclusive negotiating rights until Nov.12, and a deal can still be struck before then. The Reds seem to have some interest in bringing him back, so we will see what happens.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 11-02-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    I agree. Forget about Guardado...he's done. :thumbdown
    Yeah, he certainly looked "done" giving up 0 runs and only 2 hits in his last 7 innings pitched of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    How was him and his agent surprised that the reds didn't pick up the option?and talked about signing him being tougher when other teams get involved. If they were going to be like that, i wouldn't even bother to negotiate with them.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    He is only doing what he feels are in his best interests. I can't see how you can criticize him for that.

I'm still holding out hope that he can't find a better deal anywhere else and the Reds can bring him back, although I think it's a very slim possibility. He looked pretty tough towards the end of the season once he got some innings under his belt.

Hey Eddie, don't let the door knob hit ya, where the dog should have bit ya.

I guess I don't understand why the Reds sank even a meage $500k with a guy needing that intensive of a surgery only to put the contract so high in 2008 that we would not keep him.

It almost feels like we pissed way $750k, one for the salary and one for the buyout to not pay $3.5M next year. Did we not just pay Eddie for a rehab stint and possibly repaired him to a point that he'll now be able to help another.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post
    I guess I don't understand why the Reds sank even a meage $500k with a guy needing that intensive of a surgery only to put the contract so high in 2008 that we would not keep him.

It almost feels like we pissed way $750k, one for the salary and one for the buyout to not pay $3.5M next year. Did we not just pay Eddie for a rehab stint and possibly repaired him to a point that he'll now be able to help another.
    The reds did the same thing with Grant Balfour a couple years back. Where he essentially was paid to rehab his arm at the prospect that he could help the club down the road, but then later was released and signed with someone else (I think the Brewers). Sound familiar? The main difference was Balfour never stepped on the mound for Cincinnati and was acquired by DanO. I think anyone who truly believed that Eddie Guardado was going to help the reds last season after RUSHING back from TOMMY JOHN SURGERY believed the bill of goods the reds public relations department sold to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Yeah, he certainly looked "done" giving up 0 runs and only 2 hits in his last 7 innings pitched of the season.

are you really that naive to judge over 7 innings? give me a break. he was terrible this year.

Thanks for nothing Ed.

wish they would have let dunn walk.. this team blows my mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Well, I'm already enjoying the way this off-season is shaping up: keeping the good players, removing the lesser ones. Hopefully Dusty (who I've been starting to warm up to) will have a much improved squad to work with next year.
    Stanton still on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    wish they would have let dunn walk.. this team blows my mind..

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Hopper.. Bruce.. Hamilton.. Votto if needed.. and Griffey for another year.. this team has plenty of DEFENSIVE OF'rs.. I know girff aint what he once was.. but hs is still better than Dunn.. we need to get away from the mindset that if we mash the ball we will win.. in this park anyone can mash the ball.. soo go after a defensive player and he will mash 15-20 homers at least.. instead we keep trying to unload with Homers.. hasn't worked for 10 years.. soo lets try 10 more...

Turn Off Ads?