Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why spend a fortune on A-Rod when you can get.....

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Why spend a fortune on A-Rod when you can get.....

Cabrera from the Marlins.

CAREER AVERAGES
    BA OBP SLG OPS
    Rodriguez .306 .389 .578 .967
    Cabrera .313 .388 .542 .930

THROUGH AGE 24
    BA OBP SLG OPS HR RBI
    Rodriguez .308 .363 .551 .916 148 463
    Cabrera .313 .388 .542 .930 138 523

I know you would have to throw a whole lot at the fish to pry him away, and there is going to be alot of competition for him but there is a much better chance of getting it done than A-Rod. I try
    Marlins get:Homer, Edwin, Hatte, Hamilton
    Reds get: Willis, Cabrera

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why spend a fortune on A-Rod when you can get.....

No way I give up Homer! I would like to have Cabrera, Willis would be a nic addition but I am not for giving up Bailey. He did not pitch quite as well at he did last year but he still has a major upside, he is an ace waiting to happen!! KEEP BAILEY

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredfan#1 View Post
    No way I give up Homer! I would like to have Cabrera, Willis would be a nic addition but I am not for giving up Bailey. He did not pitch quite as well at he did last year but he still has a major upside, he is an ace waiting to happen!! KEEP BAILEY
    You don't really know what you have in Homer quite yet i'll agree, but if you have a chance to get a guy like Cabrera who is very young and WILL be a star for a long time I say do what you have to do. I think by far the upgrade that Cabrera would be over Edwin far outweighs Homers upside versus what you get from Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post

CAREER AVERAGES
    BA OBP SLG OPS

THROUGH AGE 24
    BA OBP SLG OPS HR RBI

I know you would have to throw a whole lot at the fish to pry him away, and there is going to be alot of competition for him but there is a much better chance of getting it done than A-Rod. I try
    I take it your a Marlins fan? They would make that trade a heart beat

Willis would be a nice addition, but I'm not willing to give up Bailey from him. Willis hasn't bee all that great in the past few years. If we could simply due Hamilton, Ed, Hatte for Willis then yeah obviously. Still have Bruce ready to come up, Keppinger might be able to play 3rd everyday and we have Votto and Cantu at first still.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Willis would be a nice addition, but I'm not willing to give up Bailey from him. Willis hasn't bee all that great in the past few years. If we could simply due Hamilton, Ed, Hatte for Willis then yeah obviously. Still have Bruce ready to come up, Keppinger might be able to play 3rd everyday and we have Votto and Cantu at first still.
    Come on, Willis was a throw in. Cabrere is a top five offensive talent with numbers almost as good as the 30 million dollar A-rod. No I wouldn't trade Homer for Willis that would be stupid but I would strongly consider the deal for Cabrera. That gives you a line-up of
    1.Phillips 2b
    2.wishful thinking Keppe 2b
    3.Cabrera
    4.Griffey
    5.Dunn
    6.Votto
    7.Bruce
    8.Ross

I'm all for picking up Cabrera if he can get his weight down. He's well on his way to looking like David Wells. How can someone with so much talent turn into a pile of lard? Pretty soon he'll be running the bases like Big Papi.

Come on, Willis was a throw in. Cabrere is a top five offensive talent with numbers almost as good as the 30 million dollar A-rod. No I wouldn't trade Homer for Willis that would be stupid but I would strongly consider the deal for Cabrera. That gives you a line-up of
    1.Phillips 2b
    2.wishful thinking Keppe 2b
    3.Cabrera
    4.Griffey
    5.Dunn
    6.Votto
    7.Bruce
    8.Ross
    I realize Willis was a throw in, but Willis is more likely to be picked up then Cabrera. Trading for Cabrera would probably take Bruce no matter what. The Marlins don't exactly take crappy prospects like Ed. When they traded Beckett they got Hanley Ramirez. They don't ask for much less. The Marlins seem like they're going to only sign either Cabrera or Willis. I'd throw my money into Cabrera if I'm the Marlins. Willis is expendable to them I think. A rotation of Harang, Willis, Arroyo, Bailey, whoever seems pretty decent.

CAREER AVERAGES
    BA OBP SLG OPS

THROUGH AGE 24
    BA OBP SLG OPS HR RBI

Sounds good to me. I don't think it would ever happen though

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I'm all for picking up Cabrera if he can get his weight down. He's well on his way to looking like David Wells. How can someone with so much talent turn into a pile of lard? Pretty soon he'll be running the bases like Big Papi.
    I'll take 8 players that ROUND the bases like Big Papi...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Willis an extreme flyball pitcher that pithed in a cavernous park? Doesn't sound like a good fit for GABP... I mean he was a piece of crap in that park! Lets focus on getting the RH Cabrera, even if that means giving up Homer Bailey...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Maybe we could send them Hamilton, Votto, EE, and Hatteberg for Cabrera and another one of their pitchers. Then move Cabrera to first, play Kepp at third and grab somebody like Coco Crisp to play center... Would they send us Kevin Gregg?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

I might go Bailey (GREAT prospect), Edwin (could someday be good), and Maloney (grade B prospect). That's as far as I would go. Even then, I'd be torn.

Hamilton COULD be replaced by Bruce, and Cabrera would fill Edwin's hole. Willis would probably outdo Bailey as of RIGHT NOW (probably not in the future).

But who fills Jr.'s gap next year?
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

There is a major problem with trading for Cabrera. In addition to giving up multiple top prospects such as Bailey and Bruce, Cabrera is already becoming incredibly expensive. He made 7.4 million last year in arbitration, with two more years to go, with large increases expected. In addition, he will be getting a massive contract extension, something in line with what A-Rod got in the 2000 offseason. With A-Rod, all it would cost the Reds is money. With Cabrera, it will cost the elite prospects, and money. I would have to say no to this one.

Turn Off Ads?