Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto and Hamilton to be gone?

Votto and Hamilton to be gone?

From what I hear in the offices.. Votto and Hamilton are being shopped hardcore for pitching..

If we trade votto and not dunn this year this team is dooming itself for another 10 years...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto and Hamilton soon to be gone

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    From what I hear in the offices..
    Are you sitting next to Krivsky's office with your laptop or something?

Source?

It is a very reliable source.. I promise you.. he has never steered me wrong in the past.. not that they will be gone for sure.. but the reds are showing those cards in trade talks at this time...

It is someone who is not only close with personnel, it is also a person who is in the office more than you or I...
    Last edited by Ahhhorsepoo; 11-02-2007 at 11:06 AM.

I can live with this if we get a stud in return. I just hope we don't trade both for some average middle relievers. Maybe I'm being to optimistic but hopefully Votto and Hamilton will get either a solid starter or a closer.

Shopping Hamilton and Votto makes sense to me, of course I would prefer it would be Encarnacion and Hamilton, but thats just me. In order to truly upgrade the pitching staff and not just bring in stopgaps, reclamation projects, or flawed #4 starters the Reds have to trade young offensive talent.

The positions that they can trade and have a suitable replacement are in the outfield (Dunn, Griffey, Hamilton, Hopper, Bruce, Freel), first base (Hatteberg, Votto, Cantu) and IMO third base (EE, Keppinger, Cantu, Freel). I think Votto will be a better player than EE offensively and there is more organizational depth at 3B than at 1B (the 3B depth is at the lower levels though), but Votto is a lefty and that may be why the Reds are more willing to shop him around.

Obviously everyone here would rather trade an older veteran like Griffey, Gonzalez, or Hatteberg, but those players wont bring back significant improvement to the pitching staff.

I know a guy who knows a guy, and that guy....well he really knows somebody. Krivsky hasnt been known to let potential moves get leaked before they take place. Excuse me if I'm skeptical.

I will be disapointed if they trade either for less then a bonafide stud caliber starter each, anything less, hang up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    I know a guy who knows a guy, and that guy....well he really knows somebody. Krivsky hasnt been known to let potential moves get leaked before they take place. Excuse me if I'm skeptical.
    Not a potential leak... of a sure trade.. just who they are shopping.. you are right in the past he hasnt told us how untradable Dunn is.. or how close Giff was to leaving last year.. you are right.. we are ALWAYS in the dark about everything they do....

From what I hear in the offices.. Votto and Hamilton are being shopped hardcore for pitching..

If we trade votto and not dunn this year this team is dooming itself for another 10 years...
    So, this office hearsay, and news onwho they are shopping to/for?

pitching.. pitching.. and probably a little pitching..

Got that, think that would be obvious, any names?

Not a potential leak... of a sure trade.. just who they are shopping.. you are right in the past he hasnt told us how untradable Dunn is.. or how close Giff was to leaving last year.. you are right.. we are ALWAYS in the dark about everything they do....
    Fair enough. But after hearing they picked up Hatteberg and Valentin's options and considering they already Cantu, not to mention Dusty will likely prefer the vets. Votto's status with the team would definetely be in question anyway. Just wondering what makes you close to the situation, other than what I just listed? I do agree with you though, if anyone should go it should be the vets.

no just that they are the cards on the table being potentially shopped right now.. at least that is what i am hearing.. I would also have to assume freel and EE will be tied in with talks as potential deal shifters...

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I once met a guy in Pittsburg who owned a small coffee shop downtown. He gave me a magic coffee cup that he claimed would tell me anything I wanted to know if I drank out of it at the stroke of midnight on November 1st on an odd numbered year. Well last night I tried it out and what do you know.....Nothing
    Which is about what we all know about the Reds plans at this point. There will be alot of players dangled for pitching, you can choose any two players on this team and say that you hear that they are shopping them and how can you be wrong. We will never know what really goes on unless there are actual Reds employees on here but Im pretty sure that after what happened to a certain Reds catcher... this room is clear. So here you go, I hear from a source that the Reds are shopping Hatte, Ede, and Belisle for pitching. This is one source that for me has never been wrong...Common sense.

Well if you actually had heard that maybe that would be interesting.. not sure how much trade value those 3 would have as a group.. maybe you could get a Alex Gonzalez, or a #5 starter type.. but that trade would not get me excited.. Votto and Hamilton being shopped though = get me excited.. not to see them leave, but those 2 can actually bring something back.. please don't tell me that by knowing who we are potentially shopping doesn't help.. because I was just telling everyone on here, what i hear from a very reliable source..

Turn Off Ads?