Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball League

Re: Fantasy Baseball League

I vote for everything you just said, although I don't think experience is all that important just participation. Anyone read Fantasy Land by Sam Walker? Awesome.

2. Turn Off Ads?

mlbfan30 for commsioner!

I'm all for anything from 8-12 teams, 25 man mixed league rosters. 5 x 5 seems logical on stats as well.

What number of keepers are we looking at each season?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'm all for anything from 8-12 teams, 25 man mixed league rosters. 5 x 5 seems logical on stats as well.

What number of keepers are we looking at each season?
    I say 2 hitters and 2 pitchers...

we should send the league ID and password by private message so that only the people we want can get in the league...

I could be comish. I would say 5 keepers might be good. You can't have a player requirement for keepers, since that would force you to keep players you don't want and limit year strategy for the season and future. We need 12 teams for it to work, anything less makes it not enough depth in the draft/waivers. We would probably set up it in yahoo. Send me a PM if interested, I will go through the process of determining who makes the cut.
    Also to the person that says experience isn't needed. It kind of is. You can learn a lot from reading strategies and stuff, but actually playing is the best guide to get your own strategy. Obviously everyone has to start, and I wouldn't discount inexperienced players if they know stats/projections/strategies/etc

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    I could be comish. I would say 5 keepers might be good. You can't have a player requirement for keepers, since that would force you to keep players you don't want and limit year strategy for the season and future. We need 12 teams for it to work, anything less makes it not enough depth in the draft/waivers. We would probably set up it in yahoo. Send me a PM if interested, I will go through the process of determining who makes the cut.
    Also to the person that says experience isn't needed. It kind of is. You can learn a lot from reading strategies and stuff, but actually playing is the best guide to get your own strategy. Obviously everyone has to start, and I wouldn't discount inexperienced players if they know stats/projections/strategies/etc
    sounds cool... what specific roster spots do you have in mind?

Ive seen anywhere from 3-6 Keepers. The keeper league I'm in now has 4.

this is the starting format I'm used to
    C, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, of, of, of, UTL
    SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P

plus 6 bench spots.

Keepers usually don't have to be specific. I.e. don't have to be 2 pitchers 2 hitters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Ive seen anywhere from 3-6 Keepers. The keeper league I'm in now has 4.

this is the starting format I'm used to
    C, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, of, of, of, UTL
    SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P

plus 6 bench spots.

Keepers usually don't have to be specific. I.e. don't have to be 2 pitchers 2 hitters etc.
    sounds good. I've never been in a keeper so excuse me for not knowing how that works...

I've only had a few responses for people interested in joining the league. I'm accepting applications (just say you want to join in a PM) until I say it's full.

I'm too lazy for PMs--all my energy goes to updating my fantasy leagues. Therefore, I'm interested in this league.

bump

yeah what's the deal with this? I sent a PM and haven't heard anything since...

Season still a ways off. I'm in no hurry.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

I'm looking for a fantasy league to join. In the past I've played at Sandbox with 9 other guys that I didn't know and we stayed together for 5 years playing baseball, football and basketball. Sandbox was later sold and never was the same as it used to be. Then the guys all kind of got use to how eachother traded/drafted and we disbanded but that was a great league and I would love to be a part of something like that again. LexingtonRedsFan was a part of that group. He use to post at Redszone pretty much but his business keeps him very occupied. I was fortunate enough to win 3 baseball seasons, 1 football and 1 basketball out of 15 different seasons and a total of 10 guys, as I mentioned before.

I'm not interested in auction style (roto) drafts. A small # of players in a keeper league would be fine. I'd prefer a free league too. I was given the following nickname because of my success in our leagues- 'kingpoobah' - and I use that as my email address to this very day - kingpoobah@yahoo.com

I have been asked to join a Head To Head league and I'm giving that strong consideration but my real desire is to play Fantasy Baseball with a Slow, Live draft 5X5 (like 5 or 10 minutes per choice). Both leagues drafted from not just the National League.

If I sound like the kind of guy you'd like to have join in with you, by all means PM or email me.

Thanks,
    Jerry / Vada Pinson Fan

Turn Off Ads?