Turn Off Ads?

Thread: We should compile a list of Leagues and who they tend to favor, batter or pitcher...

We should compile a list of Leagues and who they tend to favor, batter or pitcher...

It would be something like

Code:
    Florida State League - Pitcher's League
    International League - Hitter's League 
    etc. etc.
    And then we could denote which league has Reds minor league affiliate teams in it.

I think this would be helpful, because often times here I see a player being discussed as being better or worse than I perceived them to be because of the league they play in. Something like this would help clarify.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: We should compile a list of Leagues and who they tend to favor, batter or pitcher

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: We should compile a list of Leagues and who they tend to favor, batter or pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post

This is fantastic. I have something similar in my signature for awhile, but nobody seemed to care.

I think a sticky in the minor leagure forum with "Minor League Resources" might be nice.

GL

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I wouldn't put too much into 1 year park factors. The talent on a team or in a league can have a big affect on it. Baseball Think Factory has up 3 year park factors and league factors that I would consider much more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I wouldn't put too much into 1 year park factors. The talent on a team or in a league can have a big affect on it. Baseball Think Factory has up 3 year park factors and league factors that I would consider much more accurate.
    Is it that a certain league has parks in it with bigger/smaller dimensions, talent shifts from better hitters to better pitchers, climate etc. ?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Is it that a certain league has parks in it with bigger/smaller dimensions, talent shifts from better hitters to better pitchers, climate etc. ?
    Yes. The size of parks and the environment of the parks really have a lot to do with park factors. Over the course of 1 season, having a really talented or really weak class can really throw a wrench into a stadium or leagues factor. That why I think a 3-5 year sample is much better.

Turn Off Ads?