Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Projected Starters Debate

Re: Projected Starters Debate

Fish's late start in pitching cost him last year when he got exposed by the AA guys.
    Didn't that have to do with a tired arm or was that just a Redszone.com theory? If I remember right, Fisher dominated AA for a while before imploding towards the end of the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Fisher did talk about having a tired arm in one of the Chattanooga newspapers and after that point, he got roughed up a bit the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Nobody's mentioning Bobby Livingston. What do we know about his condition? Is there any chance he's trying a rehab by spring? if so, seems to me you've got to figure him in somewhere.
    Torn Labrum. Has to be viewed as unavailable until he proves otherwise.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Fisher did talk about having a tired arm in one of the Chattanooga newspapers and after that point, he got roughed up a bit the rest of the way.
    I'm still high on Fisher for that exact reason. Before the crap at the end of the season, Fisher was basically putting on a clinic towards every aspect of pitching. He was missing plenty of bats, keeping the ball on the ground, and throwing it over the plate. If he can get back to doing that, he might be the guy anchoring the middle of our rotation in the near future.

I don't know if it's indicative of "tired arm", (I know it's not indicative of being "exposed") but after Fischer's hot start of 7 games, he wasn't always mediocre.

He would bounce back and forth between hot/cold.

cold - Jun 16, 21, 27, Jul 2, Jul 7
    Hot - July 18, 24, 29 ( 3 games with ERA about 1.90)
    Cold - Aug 3, 9, 15, 21
    Hot - Aug 26 and 31 (2 games ERA about 2.25)

At any rate, seing what Fisher brings (almost certainly to AA) will be one of the interesting questions for next year.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?