Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NBA Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NBA Thread

I'll tell you... I'm normally fairly ambivalent when it comes to the NBA... this season, however, I am absolutely fascinated by the Boston Celtics.

Watching their season opening destruction of the Wizards tonight was, in complete honesty, perhaps the most entertaining and fun-to-watch NBA regular season game that I have ever seen. At least I can't think of one that I enjoyed more off-hand.

Posey didn't even play tonight. He will make some HUGE contributions this year for the Celtics.

Rondo was AMAZING. There's a reason Tubby Smith tracked "deflections" while he was at UK and why Rondo holds the single-season UK steals record...

And Kevin Garnett... what a classy guy. He insisted that Paul Pierce be the last one introduced for the game tonight. He prefers to schedule media interviews with Ray Allen and Paul Pierce along with him. There is absolutely NO chance of this team disintegrating or having poisonous chemistry. Garnett simply won't allow it.

He bought out an entire pre-screening of American Gangster as a team-bonding trip.

Charles Barkley said it best, "I am more excited for this NBA season than I have been for any season since I was playing. There are NO weak teams. There are no 'gimmes.' This will be a great season of NBA basketball."

I am just as stoked as Sir Charles.

Does anyone have a team that they absolutely love to death or have followed for a long time? I know Ed is a Cavaliers man.

I'm pulling for the Celtics to win the Championship.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-03-2007 at 06:49 AM.

Turn Off Ads?